News:

I hate both of you because your conversation is both navel-gazing and puerile

Main Menu

mega awesome meat of awesome

Started by Triple Zero, November 28, 2009, 07:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

loosely based on the "bradl" recipe I learned from my austrian ex, but IMPROVED WITH BACON

pork chops, 2 pieces of shoulder, 2 pieces of rib. cut out the bones, saving them in the freezer to make soup some day.

coat an oven dish with butter, slice onions into slices and cover the bottom of the dish with that.

rub the meat with salt pepper and loads of garlic. I would have used some caraway seeds if I had them, but I didn't. place the meats into the oven dish, on top of the onions.

small bacon strips. these are like not the really thin slices of bacon but more like bits, of sorta smoked bacon, real cheap. cover the meat with these bits.

place in oven at a suitable temperature.

now the bacon fat will drip all over the meats and it'll be awesome.

for extra awesome you now prepare some stock (from powder or cubes), and in about 20 mins or so pour this over the meat stuffs.

and then you wait another while.

and then you pour the fat stock awesome juice over the starting-to-get-crispy bacon bits and meats.

and wait

and then do it again

and wait

until it's either done or you cannot wait no longer

AND THEN IT IS MEGA DELICIOUS

enjoy!
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

East Coast Hustle

This is actually very similar to one of my recipes except I omit the stock in favor of more pork fat so that it basically ends up being a confit of pork and bacon, and yeah, it ends up being mega delicious. Can't go wrong with pig!

upon further reflection, that's probably why I need to lose 20 or 30 pounds.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Triple Zero

the stock was from the Bradl recipe, it wasn't much, just to keep the stuff moist. except that was probably not really necessary given all the fat :) [with Bradl you don't use extra bacon, just fatty shoulder chops, or sometimes a pig leg, but then it's called Steltzen and you cross-cut the skin and soften using more stock and immerse and turn it until the stock is reduced which is when you put it straight up, and always keep pouring the juices over it]

I always use too little onion though, they turn so sweet and soft and fat, there's never enough :)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO