News:

PD.com: our ability to recall your stupidity makes elephants look like Alzheimer's patients.

Main Menu

Awww man, poop in MY water?

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, November 29, 2009, 01:16:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeky

Quote from: Cainad on December 01, 2009, 01:50:44 AM
I'd be worried about all those homeopathic medicines that people dump in the water. Since water has a memory and light is energy and stuff and also quantum, the less of the active ingredient there is, the more powerful the mixture is.

So basically the ocean at this point is a soup of incredibly powerful homeopathic remedies.

So we drink sea water and be all cured. Makes sense to me.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on December 01, 2009, 12:38:51 AM
Quote from: Doctor Rat Bastard on November 30, 2009, 09:46:02 PM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on November 30, 2009, 08:31:04 PM
Quote from: Doctor Rat Bastard on November 30, 2009, 03:11:27 PM
When I was in eighth grade, I did my science fair project on the quality of drinking water in rural areas versus urban areas. I learned several things... and have since sworn off of water for something safer like lye, mercury and coffee.

1. All city water has solid waste in it... including poop. The only difference in this case, the poop level is above the acceptable ratio.
2. No one had realized there was still a single length of lead pipe between the street and the house I grew up in... (explains a lot doesn't it?)
3. Pure water doesn't conduct electricity.
4. Even though all the chemicals seem harmlesss you should not dump all of your samples into a single large plastic cup after the presentation is done. The resulting brew eats plastic.
5. HOLY FUCK THERE IS "ACCEPTABLE" POOP IN MY WATER???!!!!!

You forgot to e-prime. http://www.portlandonline.com/water/index.cfm?c=29551&a=244721

?

"Total Dissolved Solids" is the term that includes fecal matter.

By that definition, all water everywhere has poop in it. Mouse poop, elk poop, whatever. Once it's decomposed and no longer a bacterial risk, it's not poop, it's dirt.

OH. MY. GOD.

ARE YOU SAYING ALL DIRT IS POOP?

:walken:
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Kai

well, the organic matter in soil /is/ decayed plant and animal parts and waste, including poop...
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Brotep

According to the principles of homeopathy, the poop in the water confers anti-poopal properties.  This means it will protect you from and counteract the effects of poop.

Richter

IT WAS ALL STARS ONCE.

WE ARE ALL MADE OF STARS.

WE ARE SHITTING STARS TOO!

::off to leave a singularity in the workplace john::
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Kai

Quote from: Richter on December 01, 2009, 12:59:00 PM
IT WAS ALL STARS ONCE.

WE ARE ALL MADE OF STARS.

WE ARE SHITTING STARS TOO!

::off to leave a singularity in the workplace john::

Man, shitting stars is painful.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

LMNO

Quote from: Cainad on December 01, 2009, 01:50:44 AM
I'd be worried about all those homeopathic medicines that people dump in the water. Since water has a memory and light is energy and stuff and also quantum, the less of the active ingredient there is, the more powerful the mixture is.

So basically the ocean at this point is a soup of incredibly powerful homeopathic remedies.

:mittens:

and

WIN.

AFK

Life is Poop, and then you flush.

This, and other witty one-liners available for the low-low price of $19.95.  Just send a check and money order to RWHN Industries.  Have a nice day!
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on December 01, 2009, 02:15:51 AM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on December 01, 2009, 12:38:51 AM
Quote from: Doctor Rat Bastard on November 30, 2009, 09:46:02 PM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on November 30, 2009, 08:31:04 PM
Quote from: Doctor Rat Bastard on November 30, 2009, 03:11:27 PM
When I was in eighth grade, I did my science fair project on the quality of drinking water in rural areas versus urban areas. I learned several things... and have since sworn off of water for something safer like lye, mercury and coffee.

1. All city water has solid waste in it... including poop. The only difference in this case, the poop level is above the acceptable ratio.
2. No one had realized there was still a single length of lead pipe between the street and the house I grew up in... (explains a lot doesn't it?)
3. Pure water doesn't conduct electricity.
4. Even though all the chemicals seem harmlesss you should not dump all of your samples into a single large plastic cup after the presentation is done. The resulting brew eats plastic.
5. HOLY FUCK THERE IS "ACCEPTABLE" POOP IN MY WATER???!!!!!

You forgot to e-prime. http://www.portlandonline.com/water/index.cfm?c=29551&a=244721

?

"Total Dissolved Solids" is the term that includes fecal matter.

By that definition, all water everywhere has poop in it. Mouse poop, elk poop, whatever. Once it's decomposed and no longer a bacterial risk, it's not poop, it's dirt.

OH. MY. GOD.

ARE YOU SAYING ALL DIRT IS POOP?

:walken:

Yes.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."