News:

PD.com: Living proof that just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Main Menu

So, apparently this exists.

Started by kingyak, March 13, 2012, 12:38:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oysters Rockefeller

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on March 14, 2012, 02:31:20 AM
Quote from: Oysters Rockefeller on March 13, 2012, 07:08:30 PM
It hurts me deeply to hear ICP compared to John Keats.

I agree, though I'm impressed that someone even found a comparison that's actually insulting to ICP.

Ahhh...yeah. Good point, good point.
Well, my gynecologist committed suicide...
----------------------
I'm nothing if not kind of ridiculous and a little hard to take seriously.
----------------------
Moar liek Oysters Cockefeller, amirite?!

kingyak

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on March 13, 2012, 10:51:50 PM
They started claiming that a few years ago, I think.

Quote from: Cain on March 13, 2012, 07:06:47 PM
Looking into the eyes of an elephant is a life-changing experience.
:lulz:

Yeah, it's an old article, but it amuses the hell out of me every time I read it.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."-HST

kingyak

Quote from: Cain on March 13, 2012, 10:58:10 PM
I do love how Ronson is continually able to deflect scrutiny from himself,  despite using terrible excuses that wouldn't hold up for a second if tried by anyone else.

I still remember the time he was taken by a bunch of UK based radical Muslims to one of their camps, and then they realised he was Jewish...

That happens a couple of times in Them: Adventures With Extremists--radical Muslims and KKK leaders decide that he's "a good Jew." The guy's either a spectacular liar who somehow hasn't been caught or a human weirdness magnet.

Placid Dingo

Quote from: kingyak on March 14, 2012, 01:46:45 PM
I do love how Ronson is continually able to deflect scrutiny from himself,  despite using terrible excuses that wouldn't hold up for a second if tried by anyone else.

I still remember the time he was taken by a bunch of UK based radical Muslims to one of their camps, and then they realised he was Jewish...

That happens a couple of times in Them: Adventures With Extremists--radical Muslims and KKK leaders decide that he's "a good Jew." The guy's either a spectacular liar who somehow hasn't been caught or a human weirdness magnet.

I thought that was the one where the KKK guy actually got him out of trouble by palying along with whatever religion he said, and he had no idea why.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

kingyak

Quote from: Placid Dingo on March 19, 2012, 08:55:42 AM
Quote from: kingyak on March 14, 2012, 01:46:45 PM

I thought that was the one where the KKK guy actually got him out of trouble by palying along with whatever religion he said, and he had no idea why.

That sounds kind of familiar, too, but it's probably been 8 or 9 years since I read the book, so details are fuzzy.