News:

Doing everything exactly opposite from "The Mainstream" is the same thing as doing everything exactly like "The Mainstream."  You're still using What Everyone Else is Doing as your primary point of reference.

Main Menu

The cause of Bush's victory, or, the death of the Dems.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, November 03, 2004, 07:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 03, 2004, 07:45:29 PM
Quote from: Z¬?
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: LMNOThe division was so sharp, and so even, that there can only be one solution:

The blue states cede from the red.  We get The Northeast, California & Hawaii.  Y'all motherfuckers can have the south & The midwest.

Cf: Mad Dog, Texas in Illuminatus!  That's our gameplan.  Let's get to it.

It's not like they'd want us around, anyway.

Google:  1860-1865

Not gonna happen.

If the democratic party started to weaken even more, it would be dangerous for the status quo. It would lead to the rise of the third party, or else we'll just live under republican rule for the next eight to ten years, until the youngsters get older and actually go out to the voting booths.

So the neo-cons will probably want to have a weak democratic president sometime in the future, but they'll be slinging rocks and discrediting him the whole time. Maybe not.

Anyway, my prediction is that the democratic party is indeed dead... and the republicans, well they're undead, they're hardly the republicans that we knew in the days of eisenhower. They'll probably want to keep the illusion of the democratic party alive as long as possible, but crippled and unable to effect change.

At least, thats what I seem to think is happening.

I think you hit the nail on the head.  They'll find another Jimmy Carter to take the hit when the bills come due, but it won't be like he will have any power.

MAD PROPHET WINS AGAIN.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.