ITT: I complain about my parents going to a parent meeting

Started by Dalek, December 01, 2009, 04:24:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Squid on December 01, 2009, 06:18:07 PM
<-- is not 21. is lying sack of shit  :lulz:

I wasn't gonna argue with a woman about her age.

Mama raised a fool, but it wasn't me.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: DALEKK on December 01, 2009, 04:34:20 PM
It's fucking biology in French. And we must know the fucking name, function etc. of all genes, hormones, stuff we don't really need to know in French.

Sounds like an elective.

Next time pick a more interesting elective, or something useful like Spanish.

Also, if putting effort into your classes is too much work for you, get a job and move out. Then you can do whatever you want. Right?  :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Dalek

We don't have electives. We're obligated to take all the classes.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 01, 2009, 06:06:07 PM
Quote from: JohNyx on December 01, 2009, 05:26:07 PM
A lot of shit is useless in an overall sense - except for the college admissions testings or SATs of you gringos.

Parent/teacher conferences exist to ensure that feelings of anxiety and inferiority are instilled in childen in the home as well as in the school system.  This makes for meek, compliant adults that are glad to have any job, no matter how dismal and unrewarding.

I completely agree with you.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on December 01, 2009, 06:21:22 PM
Quote from: DALEKK on December 01, 2009, 04:34:20 PM
It's fucking biology in French. And we must know the fucking name, function etc. of all genes, hormones, stuff we don't really need to know in French.

Sounds like an elective.

Next time pick a more interesting elective, or something useful like Spanish.

Also, if putting effort into your classes is too much work for you, get a job and move out. Then you can do whatever you want. Right?  :lulz:

They have no "jobs" in Bulgaria.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Elder Iptuous

your in Bulgaria, right?

i can totally symapthize with you Dallekk.
i was wonderboy in school until i started thinking and rejecting around my junior year of HS.  They took away my Fun Things, too. (i was able to hide my M:tG cards though)
I fucked off and screwed my grades up.  they kicked me out of the house.  they eventually asked me back after i called their bluff and got a shitty apartment.  then they kicked me out again after i continued to be an angsty little turd.
but it's all good. you learn lessons.  you screw around for a few years smoking way too much.  you get married to a good girl, and get your head straight, then bust your balls making up for lost time, and then everything is fine.
just don't burn any bridges even if it gets heated with your parents, because it sounds like they're on your side, and things will be fine in the end...

or you could start studying....

The Good Reverend Roger

I fucked off in school, got the boot, got in trouble, went into the army, finished high school and college while in, got back on track.

AFK

A lot of shit is useless in an overall sense - except for the college admissions testings or SATs of you gringos.

You lack a proper understanding of the superiority of the Norte Americano culture, that's your problem.  Parent/teacher conferences exist to ensure that feelings of anxiety and inferiority are instilled in childen in the home as well as in the school system.  This makes for meek, compliant adults that are glad to have any job, no matter how dismal and unrewarding.

It was pretty fucking sad.  At one of my retreats there was no less than 50% of the group who talked about how their parents pressured them to get good grades.  There was this one girl who really stood out.  She was getting straight As.  Like 97-100 averages.  She got a 92 on a quiz and her parents went ape-shit.  She said she pretty much had two options.  Give up her life as a kid, study her ass off, to please her parents.  Or ease up, be a kid, get A- instead of A's, and be virtually disowned by her parents. 

The definition of "success" in American society, and I'm sure others, is so fucked up it isn't even funny. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on December 01, 2009, 06:36:42 PM
The definition of "success" in American society, and I'm sure others, is so fucked up it isn't even funny. 

That's terrorist-talk, that's what that is.

America™ is all about competing for the dwindling number of actual jobs left.  Run, run, run, and don't ever look back, because something might be chasing you.  You will learn to toe the line, meet the impossible standard, and go all the way to the finish line, which is a 4X8X6 hole in the ground with a trophy over it marking your name, dates of competition, and an epitaph involving how you should have spent more time at the office.

America™ is all about owning a $400,000 house, a Lexus and a Hummer, and having cut abs, or you're a fucking loser.  Do you hear me?  A FUCKING LOSER.

And America™ hates a loser.  America™ will forgive anything, except being a loser.

Start running, sucker.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: DALEKK on December 01, 2009, 06:24:34 PM

Parent/teacher conferences exist to ensure that feelings of anxiety and inferiority are instilled in childen in the home as well as in the school system.  This makes for meek, compliant adults that are glad to have any job, no matter how dismal and unrewarding.

Frankly, life is hard. You have the option to make it easier by trying to do better in a class you don't especially like, but you don't want to, because you don't feel like it.

Waaaaaaah.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Dysfunctional Cunt

Eh, my kids make decent grades.  Some times they have a particular class they issues with, sometimes the teacher has issues with the kid.  I try not to overly sweat it.  I'll accept a C or better but they had better have made the effort and just didn't make the grade rather than fucked off and didn't do the shit they were supposed to.

I'll excuse ignorance, stupidity is punishable by cleaning the bathroom with a toothbrush to start, then I get really inventive!

All parents want what is best for their kids, but having lived in the "You must make straight A's or you will never see the light of day" regime in my childhood, I just can't do the same to my kids.  I don't beat them either, so go figure.....

If you've just been fucking off and not doing the work, sorry, you're on your own! 

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on December 01, 2009, 07:06:24 PM
Quote from: DALEKK on December 01, 2009, 06:24:34 PM

Frankly, life is hard. You have the option to make it easier by trying to do better in a class you don't especially like, but you don't want to, because you don't feel like it.

Waaaaaaah.

Life sucks, wear a hat, ITT.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I would actually feel sorry for him if he was trying and a C was the best he could pull off. That happens. It's the "Waaaaah I'm having my toys taken away because I don't feel like making an effort in this class" that makes me want to kick him down the stairs. WTF.

Being a kid is actually hard for some people. This is his biggest problem? That he doesn't want to try because he thinks the class is useless? :lulz:

Give me a goddamn break.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on December 01, 2009, 07:12:13 PM
I would actually feel sorry for him if he was trying and a C was the best he could pull off. That happens. It's the "Waaaaah I'm having my toys taken away because I don't feel like making an effort in this class" that makes me want to kick him down the stairs. WTF.

Being a kid is actually hard for some people. This is his biggest problem? That he doesn't want to try because he thinks the class is useless? :lulz:

Give me a goddamn break.

Hey, I did that.  It only took me 16 years to recover from it.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 01, 2009, 07:13:05 PM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on December 01, 2009, 07:12:13 PM

Give me a goddamn break.

Hey, I did that.  It only took me 16 years to recover from it.

I dropped out of third grade and still don't have a college degree.

There are easier ways to go about things, I can say that for sure.

Dalek

YAAAY! The physics teacher kept repeating how good where my grades in physics. The French teacher was very satisfied with my succes. The math teacher explained that I applied all the formulas correctly, just that I made stupid mistakes like replacing a - with a +. And even the teachers in the classes I suck at where happy, because I got a first place on a contest that was very imortant to the school and therefore they thought that my insuccesses in their classes where caused by me spending a lot of time preparing for the contest. So HELL YEAH! I get to keep my fun things, and my mom was really happy that all the teachers told her how important my first place at the contest was to the school  :banana: