News:

In North Korea, this forum wouldn't be banned, it would be revered and taught in schools as a palatable and preferable version of Western history. And in many ways, that's all the truth the children of North Korea need

Main Menu

Alcohol in Pill Form

Started by AFK, December 01, 2009, 07:52:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Russian Professor creates alcohol in a pill.

http://www.myfoxmaine.com/dpp/news/dpgo-Prof-Creates-Alcohol-in-a-Pill-mb-200912011259692366347
Quote(MYFOX NATIONAL) - A Russian professor has evolved a technique that turns alcohol into powder for packaging in pill form.

Evgeny Moskalev of Saint Petersburg Technological University created the pills, which allow people to consume their favorite drinks just like any other solid food, the Times of India reports .

The new technique can solidify any kind of alcohol. People would be able to measure the amount of alcohol they consume by taking the pills.

"We have developed a technology that allowed us to turn any liquid solution into powder," Moskalev said.

The technology has been tested on liquor containing as much as 96% alcohol content.

In 2007, blogger Chad Galiano detailed how to make "vodka pills" in 24 hours by pouring flavored alcohol syrups into cornstarch and letting it set until it forms a hard candy.

This will take care of those pesky open container laws. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

:lulz:  :lulz:  :lulz:

They make a pill for EVERYTHING!

Tom Swift, eat your heart out!
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Richter

I look forward to the future where the reckless can kill themselves more quickly and efficiently, without having time to get behind the wheel or in my face while drunk.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

A: That's stupid and I don't see the point. The alcohol isn't reduced in volume, just changed from liquid to solid. Even at 96 proof you would have to consume half an ounce of pills to get the alcohol from a single drink, and you'd have to swallow them with water, so :? Plus, you wouldn't even have the pleasure of consuming a tasty adult beverage.

B: I doubt the FDA will approve it for sale in the US.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Dalek

Rumckle

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on December 01, 2009, 08:42:56 PM
A: That's stupid and I don't see the point. The alcohol isn't reduced in volume, just changed from liquid to solid. Even at 96 proof you would have to consume half an ounce of pills to get the alcohol from a single drink, and you'd have to swallow them with water, so :? Plus, you wouldn't even have the pleasure of consuming a tasty adult beverage.

Actually 96% is 192 proof, but you make a good point.

The alcoholic candy on the other hand  :fap:
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Requia ☣

They approved those little chocolates that have alcohol inside them.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Rumckle on December 01, 2009, 09:41:31 PM

Actually 96% is 192 proof, but you make a good point.

The alcoholic candy on the other hand  :fap:

Oops, that's what I meant. 96%. If it was 96 proof you'd have to eat a whole ounce of pills.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

I just can't wait until somebody gets the bright idea to crush one up and do lines.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on December 02, 2009, 12:05:03 AM
I just can't wait until somebody gets the bright idea to crush one up and do lines.

:lulz:

I'd pay good money to see that.

Bruno

I am fucking doing this. These will be the new jello-shots.
Formerly something else...

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on December 02, 2009, 12:18:22 AM

Get it, pay good money, see it.

Shibboleet The Annihilator

That will be the best day ever.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Z³ on December 05, 2009, 11:01:10 AM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on December 02, 2009, 12:18:22 AM

Get it, pay good money, see it.

Because you think I'm stupid enough to put powdered alcohol in my sinuses? No thanks.  :lulz:

I'll pay to watch you do it, though.

Brotep

Well I for one will have an alcohol-shaker on my kitchen table.  Just you wait!   :argh!:

"There's something wrong with the seasoning, honey...Hmm, got the right amount of paprika, but needs more alcohol."