News:

He was a pretty good teacher, but he's also batshit insane and smells like ferret pee.

Main Menu

Musings of a Faceless Man

Started by Roaring Biscuit!, December 02, 2009, 02:39:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roaring Biscuit!

Enjoy:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/23475187

So yeh, there's a lot of talk about attribution of work etc. going round.  I hope all the BIP authors borrowed from feel that the I've represented their wishes fairly.

I was also considering selling these as hand-printed-DIY-art-booklet things, to avoid money arguments, that particular iteration won't contain any of the BIP writings, but will contain some sort of foreword explaining what/why/awesome.

anyway this is the IMPORTANT BIT:

TGRR
Cain
Cramulus
LMNO
Nigel

As far as writing/creative influence etc. I'd say you lot have been the biggest, so by way of thankyou I'd like to send you a free handmade one.  Probably free, depending on how much they actually work out at materials-wise at it may be postage price (approx $4-6 for the US atm?), obv cheaper for Cain.

I'll let you know when I start making them, and if you want one PM/email me a postage address.

The rest of you can have them at *hopefully* $10-16 incl p&p.  When I set aside time to make them, and decide what awesome materials I'm gonna use.  And decide how to make them significantly more awesome than just reading it on the interwebs.

I hope you like :)

x

edd

p.s.  LMNO, i know that bit about quantum isn't correct as such, call it artistic license :p

EDIT:  Title, to be easier to find ;)

The Wizard

This my friend, is wonderful. I'm not sure which is more effective, the art or the writing. All I can say is that this is great and you need to do more. Soon, if you don't mind.
Insanity we trust.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

AWWWWW thank you for naming me as one of your influences! I am tickled as hell!

This is AWESOME! The illustrations are fantastic. Wow, just wow.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"Also, God is a giant squid."  :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cramulus

:mittens:

that's very exciting! Your book looks svelte - I love it!

love the illustrations, and the text is sharp  :mrgreen:

Roaring Biscuit!

Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on December 02, 2009, 03:01:53 AM
This my friend, is wonderful. I'm not sure which is more effective, the art or the writing. All I can say is that this is great and you need to do more. Soon, if you don't mind.

thanks  :mrgreen:  might be a while till I do any more though, I did start this one in April.  Also, I'm feeling a little drained art-wise right now, so I'm gonna focus on some other stuff for a while.

@Nigel:  yeh that's one of my fave bits too :)  as well as the NB's in Anatomy of a Jailbreak :p

Thanks for comments, I just realised there are a few pages I missed out :/  But fuck it, it can be an extra treat in the dead-tree versions :P

x

edd

rygD

Hey, I think you spilled something on some of the pages.

Looks good.  I really enjoyed all the pictures.  Thanks for sharing this.
:rbtg:

Quote from: rygD on March 07, 2007, 02:53:03 PM
...nuke Iraq and give it to the Jews...

Freeky

Iason Ouabache

Can't believe that I didn't see this until now. Awesome work, Cookie Man. I love the artwork.

:mittens:
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Herbertina Merrique V

Cool shit! Reading this was a most enlightening way to begin the day, and siriously, the artwork is awesome.

Stating the obvious: :mittens:! Also, will you marry me?
THE MORALE WILL CONTINUE UNTIL DISCORDIANS IMPROVE

Ask me anything. Or else.

Roaring Biscuit!

thanky both of ye :)

QuoteAlso, will you marry me?

yeh, why the fuck not...?   :mrgreen:

Also, I have made book the first (which I'm keeping :p) and book the second which I am not.  They will be selling for somewhere between £2.50 - £3.00 + p&p, I just need to actually work out how much each one costs materials wise before I give an exact price.  They each have a cover made from handmade papers, and some other random handmade paper bits, most of it is printed on newsprint, 'cause I like newsprint, it feels so oddly authentic.  And I did sewing to make it stick together!  And there will also be the page I forgot to put in :p  Plus other random and unique doodlings from yours truly!

People who sell things on the internets, what is the best way of sorting out paying me mechanisms?  I though of using private auction on ebay, as this is unlikely to take off and become unmanageable methinks :p

x

edd

EDIT:  PEOPLE WHO GET FREE THINGS, PM ME IF YOU WANT FREE THINGS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Roaring Biscuit! on December 13, 2009, 10:18:24 PM
thanky both of ye :)

QuoteAlso, will you marry me?

yeh, why the fuck not...?   :mrgreen:

Also, I have made book the first (which I'm keeping :p) and book the second which I am not.  They will be selling for somewhere between £2.50 - £3.00 + p&p, I just need to actually work out how much each one costs materials wise before I give an exact price.  They each have a cover made from handmade papers, and some other random handmade paper bits, most of it is printed on newsprint, 'cause I like newsprint, it feels so oddly authentic.  And I did sewing to make it stick together!  And there will also be the page I forgot to put in :p  Plus other random and unique doodlings from yours truly!

People who sell things on the internets, what is the best way of sorting out paying me mechanisms?  I though of using private auction on ebay, as this is unlikely to take off and become unmanageable methinks :p

x

edd

EDIT:  PEOPLE WHO GET FREE THINGS, PM ME IF YOU WANT FREE THINGS.

Can you sell on Etsy? An Etsy shop would be easier than eBay methinks. Or Artfire.

Jenne

Kai

Excellently executed, Biscuit. The artwork fit perfectly with the text.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

NotPublished

Damn that is awesome. Not more to be said.

May the publishing gods smile on you.
In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.