News:

The End of the World is Coming, and YOU MAY DIE

Main Menu

Certified Ethical Hacking guide

Started by Cain, December 06, 2009, 12:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Hangshai on December 11, 2009, 04:58:47 PM
Also, do you want to do like, wardriving and stuff, breaking into peoples interwebs and routers, or do you actually  want to hack IPs?  If its the latter I think you may want to start learning unix.  There are ALOT of little programs in UNIX that automate the hacking process nowadays..

:lulz: :horrormirth:

Hacking is a mindset, a behavior pattern based on knowledge. There is not a tool that will automate 'the hacking process'. There are tools that can be used by hackers... there are assessment tools that can tell you where a vulnerability might be... but hacking is really about understanding the principles and architecture of protocols, daemons, services, etc etc etc. Figuring out how to make the computer go beyond its design parameters (through manipulation of vulnerabilities, if you're talking about Cracking specifically).

"Want to hack IP's" is a nonsensical statement.  :argh!:

:lulz:
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Hangshai

I dont know what the fuck Im talking about ask someone else.  I just meant that if you were to hack a personal computer, you would use their ip as an address to get to their computer from your computer.  To me, it seems easier to just say hack an ip.  Ive never done it, just read about it, and thats how i visualized it in my mind.  Although I may very well be getting it wrong, as Ive never known a REAL hacker, i wont deny that I dont know what Im talking about.  Just read about it when I was kid.  You know, kevin mitnik and whatever...  Sorry, wasnt trying to be an asshole, just sarcastic.  But I guess thats could be misread as the same thing very easily, ill tone it down a bit.
All text and pictures uploaded by/to/from this person/account is/are purely fictional and for entertainment purposes only. Or not.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Hangshai on December 11, 2009, 05:41:53 PM
Ok, let me rephrase.  Sorry to all you 'REAL' hackers out there..  Im sorry if I offended you with my pedestrian definition of the whole thing.  What I meant was, if you were to actually try to hack someones computer, ie try to get at them through their ip, whether it be a network or a personal home computer or whatever, you should probably use unix, and there ARE programs that you can use to automate the process.  I already said Im not l337 or anything.  Damn, just go buy a copy of 2600 and masturbate to the international phone booth pics...

How do you hack an IP?

I still have a box of old 2600s in my basement. And that other one. I wasn't a "hacker" though.  :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

Hangshai, thanks for your thoughts. I already know quite a bit about computer security (and so does Rat, it's his job, even), I guess I could "hack" certain things, yeah. But "Hacking" (capital H!) is a littlebit like stage magic, once you know how something is really done, it's no longer "magic", but just a trick. For example, simply guessing someone's password and getting lucky is a real simple form of hacking. If you use some technical or social know-how to get a correct guess faster, it's all just tricks.

The mindset Rat talks about is the way to find those tricks. It basically amounts to tinkering, playing and poking at things that act in unexpected ways when you poke them, then figuring out how to use this unexpected behaviour to make a system do something that was not previously thought possible.

Anyway, you are probably right I would have better luck trying to find this book via torrent, I hadn't looked yet, TBH.

Also, you speak of proxies. Yes I do know how they work and how to use them. What I am curious about is, most proxylists I find consist of 90% "dead" proxies, where do you get yours?
Or were you speaking about the web-based proxies, where you surf through another webpage (instead of a HTTP proxy, which you have to config in your browser), like various "anonymising" services?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.