News:

PD.com: Living proof that just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Main Menu

This kid is my new hero

Started by Lies, December 08, 2009, 02:26:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lies

10-Year-Old Who Refuses to Say 'Pledge of Allegiance' Until Gays Have Full Equality, When given grief by teacher as to why he wasn't standing up, boy replies with "With all due respect, you can go jump off a bridge".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT9I-36aim8

The maturity and the weight that this boy has chosen to carry is absolutely impressive, my jaw nearly dropped.
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

Da6s

Watch Mick "Mankind" Foley threaten the kids that've bullied the above mentioned 10 year old on the daily show instead:

http://ccinsider.comedycentral.com/2009/11/20/daily-show-mick-foley-pledges-allegiance-to-10-year-old-gay-rights-advocate/
We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

Jenne

Yeah, Daily Show had that spot on the other week--twas hilarious.

Lies

Quote from: Da6s on December 08, 2009, 02:32:47 AM
Watch Mick "Mankind" Foley threaten the kids that've bullied the above mentioned 10 year old on the daily show instead:

http://ccinsider.comedycentral.com/2009/11/20/daily-show-mick-foley-pledges-allegiance-to-10-year-old-gay-rights-advocate/

Holy shit that's awesome.
That seriously made me cry watching that. Jon Stewart is the fucking MAN.
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

Freeky

Quote from: Da6s on December 08, 2009, 02:32:47 AM

Mick Foley is one of the best of the best. It's a shame he's with TNA now. I fucking hate TNA.

Remington

Blarg. I really hate that it only plays video in the US. I've yet to find a good source of proxies to get around that.
Is it plugged in?

The Good Reverend Roger

They couldn't hammer the kind into line with intimidation.

They'll do it with celebrity.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

NWC

Quote from: Sir Remington III on December 08, 2009, 05:58:24 AM
Blarg. I really hate that it only plays video in the US. I've yet to find a good source of proxies to get around that.

Huh? I watched the youtube video and the Daily Show episode from here in Belgium.
PROSECUTORS WILL BE TRANSGRESSICUTED

The Good Reverend Roger

IS NOT FOR EUROS.  IS FOR AMERICANS.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Remington

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 08, 2009, 06:10:35 PM

IS NOT FOR EUROS.  IS FOR AMERICANS.

IS CANADIAN. IS ANNOYING: VIDEO REDIRECTS TO COMEDYCENTRAL  :argh!:
Is it plugged in?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Sir Remington III on December 08, 2009, 08:27:21 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 08, 2009, 06:10:35 PM

IS NOT FOR EUROS.  IS FOR AMERICANS.

IS CANADIAN. IS ANNOYING: VIDEO REDIRECTS TO COMEDYCENTRAL  :argh!:

IS SAME AS EURO, IS ONLY MORE THE STANDING ROOM.