News:

It is our goal to harrass and harangue you ever further toward our own incoherent brand of horse-laugh radicalism.

Main Menu

ATTN PD.COM: I'm losing it

Started by Cait M. R., December 08, 2009, 10:13:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elder Iptuous

I have to admit...
i've been following this thread under the assumption that you were just light heartedly trolling, and weren't going to keep it up long term.
So.... if you have found patterns that you can exploit, have you tried filming the apparitions?
presumably not?

1 film ghost
2 youtube
3 profit

Cait M. R.

Four big reasons I haven't.

A: I have nothing to film them with. Really.

B: The "patterns" aren't perfect for the apparitions. There are no circumstances where they will appear for certain no questions asked.

C: These things are fucking SCARY. All of them (except the mist, which I imagine would be hard to film) carry with them a feeling of pure, unadulterated piss-all-over-the-floor, scream-and-run-and-hope-you-can-hide, heart-thumping, pants-shitting TERROR. My tests led to a lot of screams and at least one occasion of minor injury. If I could think enough to get the camera out, I could make no guarantee of holding it straight enough to film jack shit.

D: Even if none of the above were true, I'm scared of finding out it's all in my head. That would be the worst thing for me. I already KNOW I'm nuts, but I don't want to be -that- nuts.

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Cait M. R. on December 16, 2009, 03:22:56 AM
Four big reasons I haven't.

A: I have nothing to film them with. Really.

B: The "patterns" aren't perfect for the apparitions. There are no circumstances where they will appear for certain no questions asked.

C: These things are fucking SCARY. All of them (except the mist, which I imagine would be hard to film) carry with them a feeling of pure, unadulterated piss-all-over-the-floor, scream-and-run-and-hope-you-can-hide, heart-thumping, pants-shitting TERROR. My tests led to a lot of screams and at least one occasion of minor injury. If I could think enough to get the camera out, I could make no guarantee of holding it straight enough to film jack shit.

D: Even if none of the above were true, I'm scared of finding out it's all in my head. That would be the worst thing for me. I already KNOW I'm nuts, but I don't want to be -that- nuts.

if they are that fucking SCARY and yet you remain where you are, you must either have some interest in them or you are forced to stay there for some reason.  Either circumstance would, for anybody, induce a desire to understand what you are exposed to.
The only excuse you give that seems to hold weight is 'D'.  Assuming you actually believe these stories, i would say that your primary concern should be that it's all in your head, and of course, the associated fact that people you know are fucking with you in a malicious way...
If that's the case, then you should probably find out sooner rather than later.
Get yerself some way of filming the events, and put it to rest.  It really shouldn't be that hard to record something that is happening in a predefined location on a regular basis. set up a little webcam or something...

Cait M. R.

I am in fact stuck living here. Sucks, but we can't move. I personally am moving sans family, however, as soon as I can make my computer and important data something I can carry in a bag. (I'm hoping I can buy that laptop soon...) It's scary, yeah, but like I said, I have a Safe Place and that makes it something I can deal with for awhile.

D is the big one, yes. (How is A not valid? Video recording devices are damn expensive, especially ones worth half a damn. I have a broken webcam. Broken as in doesn't work at all.) I know I'm not being fucked with, I've seen the things appear and disappear before my eyes, we've all been in the room at the same time during such occasions, the screams and such often occur when everyone's asleep, etc. (Also worth mentioning that these are NOT stories. The stuff in my last post is stuff that I have personally witnessed with the (noted) exception of stitches-face, who I don't believe exists.)

I don't WANT to find out I'm hallucinating hardcore all the time though. If I start seeing things in every day life, that's different. But while these things do (rarely) interfere with my life, they are strictly confined to the inside of my house. The panic presence can follow me out the door by ten feet at most, and after that point I see nothing, hear nothing, feel nothing. I'm fine. I don't want to end up taking drugs enough to put me in a waking coma for days at a time, or being locked up in the psych unit just because of something that occurs solely in my house that OTHER PEOPLE HAVE NOTICED. Even if I'm hallucinating them noticing it or other Matrixy "What is actually fucking real?" stuff.

Nast

You said the house is rented, yes? Do the owners know of these phenomena at all?
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Cait M. R.

I said we live in the projects too. The  so-called "owners" have never set foot inside any of these places and probably don't even know what the outsides look like.

Elder Iptuous

I guess i wasn't considering 'A' valid because webcams are pretty freaking cheap these days, and you already have computador with interwebs...
So, if you had a webcam, there wouldn't be any good reason that you couldn't get some shit on video, right?  because webcams are pretty cheep these days... as in, like, 10 bucks...

Triple Zero

how convenient that those things that would be incredibly interesting to figure out scientifically what the fuck they are, always tend to be things that are impossible to get solid evidence about for usually more than just a few contrived reasons.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Requia ☣

If it was easy somebody would have done it by now.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Elder Iptuous

Faust

Quote from: Triple Zero on December 16, 2009, 01:01:46 PM
how convenient that those things that would be incredibly interesting to figure out scientifically what the fuck they are, always tend to be things that are impossible to get solid evidence about for usually more than just a few contrived reasons.
This is a webforum, even if a video was posted here its not a reliable source. Try not to read into this too much. For me its just a bit of spooky fun (no offense cait).
Sleepless nights at the chateau