Author Topic: "Stupid wingnut says something stupid" thread  (Read 191201 times)

The Johnny

• did nots
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
Re: "Stupid wingnut says something stupid" thread
« Reply #1665 on: October 25, 2019, 07:32:46 am »
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/transcript-of-telephone-call-between-kellyanne-conway-and-caitlin-yilek

This is a transcript of the telephone conversation between Kellyanne Conway, counselor to the president of the United States, and Caitlin Yilek, breaking news reporter at the Washington Examiner. The conversation took place after Yilek returned a phone call from Tom Joannou, special assistant to the president and special assistant to the senior counselor.

Conway: Um, yes, so, always, right, exactly. You’re really going places. Let me tell you something, from a powerful woman. Don’t pull the crap where you’re trying to undercut another woman based on who she’s married to. He gets his power through me, if you haven’t noticed. Not the other way around.

TBH its a venomous and petty vendetta at this point  :lulz:

Or am i missing something? Even tho I did enjoy the piece, it seems something more of celebrity tabloids rather than anything politically relevant... but then again world politics has fused together with celebrity gossip so i dont even fucking know anymore.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Cain

• Alea iacta est
  • Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: October 25, 2019, 08:07:43 am »
It is actually somewhat relevant.

George Conway is a highly respected and well known New York litigator, who has made a number of comments critical of and questioning the legality of Trump's actions.

While there are many respected litigators in New York, he is considered amongst the higher tiers of those working in the city and it is very possible that he could be tapped by the SNYD should their investigations come into an area where he has expertise. However, since his wife, Kellyanne Conway, works for the President, there is a potential conflict of interest there. But then he's made his own position very clear so...

Bruno

• Rooty Tooty Schadenfreude
  • Deserved It
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: October 25, 2019, 08:32:09 am »
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/transcript-of-telephone-call-between-kellyanne-conway-and-caitlin-yilek

This is a transcript of the telephone conversation between Kellyanne Conway, counselor to the president of the United States, and Caitlin Yilek, breaking news reporter at the Washington Examiner. The conversation took place after Yilek returned a phone call from Tom Joannou, special assistant to the president and special assistant to the senior counselor.

Conway: Um, yes, so, always, right, exactly. You’re really going places. Let me tell you something, from a powerful woman. Don’t pull the crap where you’re trying to undercut another woman based on who she’s married to. He gets his power through me, if you haven’t noticed. Not the other way around.

TBH its a venomous and petty vendetta at this point  :lulz:

Or am i missing something? Even tho I did enjoy the piece, it seems something more of celebrity tabloids rather than anything politically relevant... but then again world politics has fused together with celebrity gossip so i dont even fucking know anymore.

It all started with "The Real World" on MTV back in the 1990's. Those fuckers invented modern-day "reality television". From there, it took over all of cable, and then the federal government of the United States, and, thusly, the world.

My final hope is that, in the future, alien exoanthropologists are able to piece together this unfortunate chain of events.

(buys another gun)

If only "The Surreal Life" had been chosen as the instrument of our destruction, how much sweeter our demise could have been...
Formerly something else...

Bu☆ns

• █ ▀█ ▀ █ ▀█▄ ▀█
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: October 26, 2019, 04:05:55 am »
It is actually somewhat relevant.

George Conway is a highly respected and well known New York litigator, who has made a number of comments critical of and questioning the legality of Trump's actions.

While there are many respected litigators in New York, he is considered amongst the higher tiers of those working in the city and it is very possible that he could be tapped by the SNYD should their investigations come into an area where he has expertise. However, since his wife, Kellyanne Conway, works for the President, there is a potential conflict of interest there. But then he's made his own position very clear so...

That's an interesting take...The one I've heard from Andrew C Laufer, is that the Conways are pulling a grift not unlike the Carville/Matalin ruse. Or, even more simply, the out for KAC when shit starts raining down on her.

Cain

• Alea iacta est
  • Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: October 26, 2019, 07:47:52 am »
It could be the case. But George Conway at least is respected by his peers and has a very successful litigation practice, he's been ranked both by Chambers and Legal 500 for a number of years. In New York no less, a 4 rank in NYC is like a 2 anywhere else due to the legal importance of the city. I'd imagine he's more interested in that than in politics per se.

Bu☆ns

• █ ▀█ ▀ █ ▀█▄ ▀█
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: October 26, 2019, 06:36:44 pm »
It could be the case. But George Conway at least is respected by his peers and has a very successful litigation practice, he's been ranked both by Chambers and Legal 500 for a number of years. In New York no less, a 4 rank in NYC is like a 2 anywhere else due to the legal importance of the city. I'd imagine he's more interested in that than in politics per se.

I knew he was big time, but i didn't realize how big time. His membership in the Federalist Society (let alone Kelly-anne and her The Family ties) is what leads me to raise an eyebrow everytime he tweets.

Doktor Howl

• Hostile Technology Geek
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
  • Horrible Bastard
    • View Profile
"Daisy had syphilis, Tom died of genital warts, and Nick Carroway watched it all in mounting horror, then made off with the silverware and the maid."
~ The Good Reverend

Ecclesiastes 2:14, JACKASS.

nullified

• A Pile of Soggy Bird Carcasses
  • Deserved It
  • I WILL EXILE VIOLATORS TO THE PISS-VOID
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: December 01, 2019, 04:00:55 pm »
 :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Ten years from now: “why don’t any success stories come out of TN”
“I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me.”

Juana

• Hideous and Otherworldly Attack Duckling of DESPAIR
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: December 01, 2019, 08:10:53 pm »
It's interesting that they're the only ones I've ever seen call for this kind of thing.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

kiss my axe

• La Mano Famosa del Infierno
  • Deserved It
  • Interweb Horrormonkey of Love
    • View Profile
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

MMIX

• Prince of Whales Blowhole
  • Deserved It
  • FUNEX? S, VFX. FUNEM? S, VFM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: December 05, 2019, 04:09:40 pm »
How do you know you are a Discordian?
It is written on my medical records

Doktor Howl

• Hostile Technology Geek
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
  • Horrible Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: December 06, 2019, 02:59:19 pm »
https://apnews.com/667b2a7a9ed23169f08e657704956398

WASHINGTON (AP) — Bowing to pressure from the White House, a Republican senator blocked a resolution Thursday that would recognize the mass killings of Armenians by Ottoman Turks a century ago as genocide.

North Dakota Sen. Kevin Cramer said he thwarted the measure after White House officials called the timing inappropriate. President Donald Trump just returned from a NATO summit in London, where Turkey’s role in the mass killing was discussed by NATO leaders. Turkey is a NATO member.
"Daisy had syphilis, Tom died of genital warts, and Nick Carroway watched it all in mounting horror, then made off with the silverware and the maid."
~ The Good Reverend

Ecclesiastes 2:14, JACKASS.