News:

PD.com forums: a disorganized echo-chamber full of concordian, Greyfaced radical left-wing nutjobs who honestly believe they can take down imaginary Nazis by distributing flyers. They are highly-suspicious of all newcomers and hostile to almost everyone, including themselves. The only thing they don't take seriously is Discordianism.

Main Menu

"Stupid wingnut says something stupid" thread

Started by Cain, December 08, 2009, 09:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

altered

Funny, it let me read the whole thing earlier.

Basic idea is that we are being too mean to people who burn Pride flags (THAT DON'T BELONG TO THEM) by making that activity a felony rather than a misdemeanor when intended to make LGBT people feel unwelcome and despised. This is debatable, though I know where I fall here I can see a possible thoughtful argument against it that I'd not be able to easily shut down. Point being, this is our STARTING POINT. Something that rather than being immediately laughable is "only" harder to call stupid on reflex alone.

Then we are ALSO being too mean to literal murderers who gun down Jewish people because, uh, presumably they are going to jail anyway so it doesn't matter as a deterrent? That's. The actual, literal argument offered.

Also, the picture at the top combined with that title says it all anyway.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

altered

It doesn't surprise me. They just have different priorities, you see.

My priorities are survival, helping others survive, making people I like happy, and doing, seeing and being cool shit.

Theirs is to be so evil that ten years ago people said they weren't good villains and they took all the moral complexity out of media by being too evil to live.

It's weird but hey, if that's what they want, I'll be happy to help destroy their lives.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Cain

Sometimes the WSJ will gate articles once they start generating clicks.

Besides, there's a very easy way to make hate crimes not be "thought crimes": do what every other country does and add in hate as a sentencing factor on already existing crimes.

Wow. Hard work, right there. You beat someone up, you're going to jail. You provably beat someone for being Jewish, by implication trying to terrorize other Jews, you get extra time,  Of course, the WSJ know this, they're just counting on bringing out the 1984 buzzword list ("censorship", "thoughtcrime") to ensure their readers don't.

Anna Mae Bollocks

WSJ needs Popper's Paradox.
Upside the head.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Bruno

Formerly something else...

The Wizard Joseph

That Cicero quote could be about Trump directly.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl