"We don't make the apocalypse, we make the apocalypse better."

Main Menu

"Stupid wingnut says something stupid" thread

Started by Cain, December 08, 2009, 09:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Luna on September 01, 2011, 12:40:14 AM
http://www.politicususa.com/en/gop-tax-hike

The GoP is trying to force the Social Security tax cut which Obama put into effect (which affects ONLY those who make $106,800/year or less) expire.  See tax cuts are apparently only good if they're for RICH people, so they can create JOBZ!

I am always astounded that ANY poor people support Rebublicans.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Quote from: Nigel on September 02, 2011, 07:11:57 AM

The GoP is trying to force the Social Security tax cut which Obama put into effect (which affects ONLY those who make $106,800/year or less) expire.  See tax cuts are apparently only good if they're for RICH people, so they can create JOBZ!

It's almost enough to make a person conclude Marx was right about "false consciousness" all along.

Matt Taibbi had a persuasive argument for this, actually, in Griftopia.  Government, both federal and state, is notoriously difficult on small businessmen, of the sort that poor voters are more likely to know.  If you don't dot your i's and cross your t's, they will come down on you like a ton of bricks.  Their efforts at regulation tend to strangle innovation and force price rises, which eventually push such small companies out of business.

The mistake is, they think these effects also scale up, to the top corporations, instead of having being lobbied for by those same major corporations, because in America IOKIFYAMNC (Its OK If You're A Multinational Corporation).  Rules famously to not apply to most banks, hedge funds, the military-industrial sector and so on.

But because they see government meddling in these minor ways, they assume they also meddle with major companies in the same way, and so identify with them over government.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on September 02, 2011, 07:18:34 AM

It's almost enough to make a person conclude Marx was right about "false consciousness" all along.

Matt Taibbi had a persuasive argument for this, actually, in Griftopia.  Government, both federal and state, is notoriously difficult on small businessmen, of the sort that poor voters are more likely to know.  If you don't dot your i's and cross your t's, they will come down on you like a ton of bricks.  Their efforts at regulation tend to strangle innovation and force price rises, which eventually push such small companies out of business.

The mistake is, they think these effects also scale up, to the top corporations, instead of having being lobbied for by those same major corporations, because in America IOKIFYAMNC (Its OK If You're A Multinational Corporation).  Rules famously to not apply to most banks, hedge funds, the military-industrial sector and so on.

But because they see government meddling in these minor ways, they assume they also meddle with major companies in the same way, and so identify with them over government.

Like a form of Stockholm Syndrome, really.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Luna

QuoteGaffney: There is evidence of at best incompetence and at worst, you could argue, it's treasonous. There's something else that I would like to introduce as a concept I didn't frankly know of it myself until fairly recently, also a felony offense in the U.S. code, it's called misprision of treason. And that is a crime in which an individual, doesn't have to be a government official but it would apply there but also to private citizens, who knows or has reason to know that seditious activity is under way and does nothing about it. I think we need to include that in the possibilities here because what our friend and co-author Andy McCarthy has called willful blindness may actually be a criminal offense under our statutes and people need to be held accountable.

I've called in a column I wrote a couple of weeks ago in the Washington Times for a new congressional oversight committee. Back in the Cold War as we talked about in our first program we wrestled with another totalitarian ideology that was determined to destroy us back when the McCarren Act was enacted, we had what was then called the House Un-American Activities Committee to explore what was going on, who was doing it, who was helping them do it, what the implications would be if it weren't stopped. I think at the very least a new House Anti-American Activities Committee.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/gaffney-establish-house-anti-american-activities-committee
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Cain on September 02, 2011, 07:18:34 AM

That is incredibly insightful. Damn.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

deadfong

Quote from: Luna on September 02, 2011, 11:19:52 AM
QuoteGaffney: There is evidence of at best incompetence and at worst, you could argue, it's treasonous. There's something else that I would like to introduce as a concept I didn't frankly know of it myself until fairly recently, also a felony offense in the U.S. code, it's called misprision of treason. And that is a crime in which an individual, doesn't have to be a government official but it would apply there but also to private citizens, who knows or has reason to know that seditious activity is under way and does nothing about it. I think we need to include that in the possibilities here because what our friend and co-author Andy McCarthy has called willful blindness may actually be a criminal offense under our statutes and people need to be held accountable.

I've called in a column I wrote a couple of weeks ago in the Washington Times for a new congressional oversight committee. Back in the Cold War as we talked about in our first program we wrestled with another totalitarian ideology that was determined to destroy us back when the McCarren Act was enacted, we had what was then called the House Un-American Activities Committee to explore what was going on, who was doing it, who was helping them do it, what the implications would be if it weren't stopped. I think at the very least a new House Anti-American Activities Committee.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/gaffney-establish-house-anti-american-activities-committee

What a good idea, especially in light of how well the first one worked!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Priceless: http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/09/columnist_registering_poor_to_vote_like_handing_out_burglary_tools_to_criminals.php?ref=fpa

QuoteConservative columnist Matthew Vadum is just going to come right out and say it: registering the poor to vote is un-American and "like handing out burglary tools to criminals."

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Nigel on September 02, 2011, 10:57:36 PM
Priceless: http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/09/columnist_registering_poor_to_vote_like_handing_out_burglary_tools_to_criminals.php?ref=fpa

QuoteConservative columnist Matthew Vadum is just going to come right out and say it: registering the poor to vote is un-American and "like handing out burglary tools to criminals."

You see Nigel, welfare for the poor just creates dependency.

Corporate welfare just creates jobs.

Get with the program.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Wow, I had no idea that this particular loony bin even existed: http://oregonmag.com/

And Shilo Inns is an advertiser. GOOD TO KNOW.

Luna

Because comparing homosexuality to bestiality, incest, and pedophilia just didn't cause him enough shit, Santorum ups the ante and compares gays to radical Islamists...

Quote"So the gay community said, 'He's comparing gay sex to incest and polygamy, how dare he do this,' and they have gone out on a, I would argue, jihad against Rick Santorum since then," Santorum said at a campaign event in Spartanburg, S.C., on Friday...

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/08/santorum-the-gay-community-is-on-a-jihad-against-me.php

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Triple Zero

comparing it to bestiality, incest and pedophilia was worse though, IMHO.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Luna

Quote from: Triple Zero on September 03, 2011, 12:27:41 PM
comparing it to bestiality, incest and pedophilia was worse though, IMHO.

Oh, absolutely...  However, there wasn't much further he could go down THAT path.  Necrophilia, maybe...  Had to find a slightly DIFFERENT way to be insulting.

Bruno

Coal industry lawyers may not technically qualify as wingnuts per se, but...

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/blogs/national-affairs/mining-linked-birth-defects-coal-industry-blames-inbreeding-20110712

QuoteA few weeks ago, we posted about a new study linking mountaintop removal coal mining with increased incidence of birth defects.  The study by researchers at West Virginia University examined two million health records in Appalachia and concluded that kids born near mountaintop mining operations suffered higher rates of a variety of central nervous system, musculoskeletal, urogenital and circulatory and respiratory problems.

Well, over at Coal Tattoo, Ken Ward Jr. unearthed an internet posting from a group of coal industry lawyers that attempts to discredit the study by charging that researchers left out a very important cause of birth defects in Appalachia: consanguinity.  Which is a fancy term for inbreeding.
Formerly something else...

Luna

"Hoffa Represents "Useless" Workers Like "Kindergarten Teachers" Instead Of "Men Who Have Actual Jobs"

-Ann Coulter

Disco Pickle

That god awful woman makes me feel guilty by association just for being REGISTERED republican.

I'd be willing to bet her vagina has teeth.

Hoffa calling for a war with the teabaggers was a bit over the top considering all of the "the rhetoric is overcharged" talk from the democrats. 

And while a direct correlation can't be drawn between what he said and what happened at the Longview port in Washington, I don't think it can be dimissed out of hand.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/politics/8925-longshoremen-international-union-breaches-port-of-longview

And they were pissed because another union got the contract through a private firm.  That's how you eat your own.
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann