News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "In other words, Discordianism, like postmodernism, means never having to say your sorry."

Main Menu

"Stupid wingnut says something stupid" thread

Started by Cain, December 08, 2009, 09:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

QuoteDear School District 304,

As a courtesy I'm letting you know I've engaged the American Center for Justice and Law (ACLJ) as well as multiple conservative and verteran groups. I'm also contacting IL state legislators.

I WILL NOT stand for my children standing in front of the flag, hand on heart, reciting a corrupted Pledge of Allegiance that leaves out "liberty" and has students stating they will obey all rules and commands of teachers. I witnessed this first hand today and am ashamed. You are teaching fascism plain and simple. My children will not grow up as blind followers who don't think for themselves.

I can think of no reason for having a separate pledge for kindergarteners and first graders then indoctrination of the young. Not going to happen on my watch. I've shed blood for this Country and will do so again if necessary.

My mother spent 12 years in a prison camp. I'm NOT ALLOWING you to introduce a Nazi way of life into the USA.

Kind Regards,

Colin M. McGroarty MBA, MCSE

What actually happened?  Wonkette explains:

QuoteIt turns out that Colin McGroarty, a parent who was volunteering at Mill Creek Elementary School in Geneva, Illinois, was very, VERY unhappy when he heard kindergartners reciting the Pledge of Allegiance in the library, because of what he perceived to be a Marxist Nazi Islamofascist rewrite of the Pledge. No, it's not that they left "under God" out. It's that he heard some words that he was damned sure didn't belong in there, and then went apeshit. Or as an email to parents from Principal George Petmezas very diplomatically put it, McGroarty resorted to language "that is not typically heard in an elementary school setting."

McGroarty calmed down eventually and went home, and then sent an angry email to the school and to a number of parents, and for good measure, posted it on Facebook. The email, which prompted the Sheriff's Department to send a deputy to Mill Creek Elementary on Thursday, complained that the word "liberty" was left out of the Pledge (Petmezas insists it was not) and that the Pledge had been corrupted by inserting a student promise to "obey all rules and commands of teachers." Which gets us to what REALLY happened. Petmezas's email explains that after students say the Pledge (in its full and unedited form, just like the Constitution, George Washington, and Jesus demand), the children follow it with a recitation of the "school creed," which is where that scary language about submitting to every whim of the Marxist Overlords comes from.

You guys are never going to believe the horrible, anti-American, Obama-worship-song lyrics contained in that school creed. The weaker among you may wish to take laudanum to calm your nerves before you read it.

In order to develop good citizens,
We believe that every person should

Treat others with respect
Follow school and classroom rules
Try their best

It's been a while since we lulled an infant Kid Zoom to sleep with it, but we are pretty sure we recognize these as lines from Mao's Little Red Book.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Bu🤠ns

Here I stand...beside myself yet again. 

also :lulz: @ Mao's Little Red Book

Cain

Berlusconi being his usual self

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21222341

QuoteItaly's gaffe-prone former premier Silvio Berlusconi has stoked controversy by praising Benito Mussolini on Holocaust Memorial Day - despite Il Duce's anti-Jewish laws.

Mussolini had been wrong to pass anti-Jewish laws but had otherwise been a good leader, said Mr Berlusconi.

He was speaking at a Milan ceremony commemorating victims of the Nazi Holocaust.

Junkenstein

Slightly behind

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-21194991

QuoteThe Liberal Democrats have "condemned" their MP David Ward for his "use of language" in a statement about Israel's treatment of Palestinians, issued ahead of Holocaust Memorial Day.

He accused "the Jews" in Israel of "inflicting atrocities on Palestinians... on a daily basis".

Mr Ward has been summoned to a meeting with party whips next week.

The sentiment is somewhat admirable, though the language and timing is hardly chosen with care. The result to me smacks of him wanting his 15 minutes of infamy. It's a bit of a shame too, because if you're going to pull shit like this, you need to go full on "JOOOS!" or its just a bit limp wristed. Oh, wait. Lib dem. 

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on January 28, 2013, 07:12:35 PM
Slightly behind

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-21194991

QuoteThe Liberal Democrats have "condemned" their MP David Ward for his "use of language" in a statement about Israel's treatment of Palestinians, issued ahead of Holocaust Memorial Day.

He accused "the Jews" in Israel of "inflicting atrocities on Palestinians... on a daily basis".

Mr Ward has been summoned to a meeting with party whips next week.

The sentiment is somewhat admirable, though the language and timing is hardly chosen with care. The result to me smacks of him wanting his 15 minutes of infamy. It's a bit of a shame too, because if you're going to pull shit like this, you need to go full on "JOOOS!" or its just a bit limp wristed. Oh, wait. Lib dem.

What, do they think it's Rastafarians whupping on the Palestinians or something?   :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Junkenstein

Nah, it's more a case of:

"See here old boy, that really was a bit of a bally insensitive thing you said about the kikes there. Oven day is coming up so this week we have to make the right noises and forget the current state of things. Now, you got your face in the papers like you bet Cleggy you would, fair play for that. Here's the £50 he owes you, can't be seen round you now you now how it is so don't be at parliament for the next couple of weeks. Oh, holiday booked? Crafty bastard. Be off with you now and look abashed if anyone asks about it there's a good chap."

In the great tradition of Lib Dem MPs, you will probably hear fuck all about this guy ever again.

For those not in the UK, this is kind of relevant too:
QuoteMr Ward, who has represented Bradford East since 2010

Bradford is pretty notorious for race issues in the UK. This will probably go down quite well with a number of voters round there.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

tyrannosaurus vex

Not related: Today the bubbly characters on the talk radio station -- the "Not too conservative and not too liberal, mostly talk about movie stars and assorted bullshit" station -- referred to illegal immigrants as "Undesirables." Innocently, of course. It's like these people never paid attention in history class.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: V3X on January 28, 2013, 07:59:32 PM
Not related: Today the bubbly characters on the talk radio station -- the "Not too conservative and not too liberal, mostly talk about movie stars and assorted bullshit" station -- referred to illegal immigrants as "Undesirables." Innocently, of course. It's like these people never paid attention in history class.

You're in Phoenix.  Those People are damned lucky they don't have to wear a yellow taco sewn onto their jackets.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

tyrannosaurus vex

The great tragedy of my quest to change the world is that my one super power is sarcasm, but the apes running this place aren't smart enough to understand sarcasm. Tucson is a spiritual black hole, and apparently Phoenix is a political black hole where Poe's Law is the only physical constant.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: V3X on January 28, 2013, 07:59:32 PM

LETTER WRITING TIME!

If you do it just so, you can make your letter just a little bit over the top hyperbolic with a couple of big logical fallacies which you (or, preferably, someone else or several someone elses) COULD, through a certain contortion of your reality filter, defend to the grave.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Cain on January 24, 2013, 06:13:41 PM

Quote"The facts are incontrovertible that allowing an illegal invasion of the United States will destroy the American Southwest, and very probably wipe out the freedoms we American Christians enjoy, as Muslim Extremists blend in with the so-called 'innocent' illegal aliens, and eventually proselytize them. It is not a stretch to picture a revolt in Los Angeles, whose population is comprised of over 50 percent illegal aliens. At the rate of influx and births, it will be 80 percent illegal alien within a decade. ... None of this bodes well for the citizens who live in Southern California now, nor will it improve the life of the poor alien, but it is well on its way to wiping out everything that was once good in Southern California."

I didn't know that illegal alienism was a genetic, heritable condition.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Queef Erisson on January 29, 2013, 01:23:48 PM

Quote"The facts are incontrovertible that allowing an illegal invasion of the United States will destroy the American Southwest, and very probably wipe out the freedoms we American Christians enjoy, as Muslim Extremists blend in with the so-called 'innocent' illegal aliens, and eventually proselytize them. It is not a stretch to picture a revolt in Los Angeles, whose population is comprised of over 50 percent illegal aliens. At the rate of influx and births, it will be 80 percent illegal alien within a decade. ... None of this bodes well for the citizens who live in Southern California now, nor will it improve the life of the poor alien, but it is well on its way to wiping out everything that was once good in Southern California."

Phoenix isn't a big fan of amendment XIV, clause 1.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 29, 2013, 04:14:50 PM
Quote from: Queef Erisson on January 29, 2013, 01:23:48 PM

Phoenix isn't a big fan of amendment XIV, clause 1.

Well, that's an old, outdated document anyway, and we should probably just disregard the parts we don't think should apply anymore.

The Good Reverend Roger

It is also worth mentioning that:

1.  Several state politicians - notably Sheriff Joe - refuse on principle to acknowledge a difference between an illegal alien and an Hispanic American.  To them, brown skin equals guilt.  This isn't hyperbole on my part, it's what they've said.

2.  Former governor Meacham outlawed MLK day here, on account of "King doesn't deserve a holiday." This was followed by him telling a group of black community leaders, "You folks don't need another holiday. What you folks need are jobs."  Meacham said that out loud, in public, with his bare face hanging out.  He was then driven from office on several charges for crimes which had been ignored until that point.  In other words, even though they had to get rid of him over the comment, they couldn't bring themselves to do it publicly for racism, suddenly realizing his many crimes instead.

Oh, Arizona, how do I love thee?