News:

There are no innocents, only the squeamish and the aroused.

Main Menu

"Stupid wingnut says something stupid" thread

Started by Cain, December 08, 2009, 09:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Johnny

Quote from: Bu☆ns on October 25, 2019, 04:39:00 AM
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/transcript-of-telephone-call-between-kellyanne-conway-and-caitlin-yilek

QuoteThis is a transcript of the telephone conversation between Kellyanne Conway, counselor to the president of the United States, and Caitlin Yilek, breaking news reporter at the Washington Examiner. The conversation took place after Yilek returned a phone call from Tom Joannou, special assistant to the president and special assistant to the senior counselor.

QuoteConway: Um, yes, so, always, right, exactly. You're really going places. Let me tell you something, from a powerful woman. Don't pull the crap where you're trying to undercut another woman based on who she's married to. He gets his power through me, if you haven't noticed. Not the other way around.

TBH its a venomous and petty vendetta at this point  :lulz:

Or am i missing something? Even tho I did enjoy the piece, it seems something more of celebrity tabloids rather than anything politically relevant... but then again world politics has fused together with celebrity gossip so i dont even fucking know anymore.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Cain

It is actually somewhat relevant.

George Conway is a highly respected and well known New York litigator, who has made a number of comments critical of and questioning the legality of Trump's actions.

While there are many respected litigators in New York, he is considered amongst the higher tiers of those working in the city and it is very possible that he could be tapped by the SNYD should their investigations come into an area where he has expertise. However, since his wife, Kellyanne Conway, works for the President, there is a potential conflict of interest there. But then he's made his own position very clear so...

Bruno

Quote from: The Johnny on October 25, 2019, 07:32:46 AM
Quote from: Bu☆ns on October 25, 2019, 04:39:00 AM
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/transcript-of-telephone-call-between-kellyanne-conway-and-caitlin-yilek

QuoteThis is a transcript of the telephone conversation between Kellyanne Conway, counselor to the president of the United States, and Caitlin Yilek, breaking news reporter at the Washington Examiner. The conversation took place after Yilek returned a phone call from Tom Joannou, special assistant to the president and special assistant to the senior counselor.

QuoteConway: Um, yes, so, always, right, exactly. You're really going places. Let me tell you something, from a powerful woman. Don't pull the crap where you're trying to undercut another woman based on who she's married to. He gets his power through me, if you haven't noticed. Not the other way around.

TBH its a venomous and petty vendetta at this point  :lulz:

Or am i missing something? Even tho I did enjoy the piece, it seems something more of celebrity tabloids rather than anything politically relevant... but then again world politics has fused together with celebrity gossip so i dont even fucking know anymore.

It all started with "The Real World" on MTV back in the 1990's. Those fuckers invented modern-day "reality television". From there, it took over all of cable, and then the federal government of the United States, and, thusly, the world.

My final hope is that, in the future, alien exoanthropologists are able to piece together this unfortunate chain of events.

(buys another gun)

If only "The Surreal Life" had been chosen as the instrument of our destruction, how much sweeter our demise could have been...
Formerly something else...

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: Cain on October 25, 2019, 08:07:43 AM
It is actually somewhat relevant.

George Conway is a highly respected and well known New York litigator, who has made a number of comments critical of and questioning the legality of Trump's actions.

While there are many respected litigators in New York, he is considered amongst the higher tiers of those working in the city and it is very possible that he could be tapped by the SNYD should their investigations come into an area where he has expertise. However, since his wife, Kellyanne Conway, works for the President, there is a potential conflict of interest there. But then he's made his own position very clear so...

That's an interesting take...The one I've heard from Andrew C Laufer, is that the Conways are pulling a grift not unlike the Carville/Matalin ruse. Or, even more simply, the out for KAC when shit starts raining down on her.

Cain

It could be the case. But George Conway at least is respected by his peers and has a very successful litigation practice, he's been ranked both by Chambers and Legal 500 for a number of years. In New York no less, a 4 rank in NYC is like a 2 anywhere else due to the legal importance of the city. I'd imagine he's more interested in that than in politics per se.

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: Cain on October 26, 2019, 07:47:52 AM
It could be the case. But George Conway at least is respected by his peers and has a very successful litigation practice, he's been ranked both by Chambers and Legal 500 for a number of years. In New York no less, a 4 rank in NYC is like a 2 anywhere else due to the legal importance of the city. I'd imagine he's more interested in that than in politics per se.

I knew he was big time, but i didn't realize how big time. His membership in the Federalist Society (let alone Kelly-anne and her The Family ties) is what leads me to raise an eyebrow everytime he tweets.

altered

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Ten years from now: "why don't any success stories come out of TN"
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Juana

It's interesting that they're the only ones I've ever seen call for this kind of thing.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

MMIX

"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Doktor Howl

https://apnews.com/667b2a7a9ed23169f08e657704956398

QuoteWASHINGTON (AP) — Bowing to pressure from the White House, a Republican senator blocked a resolution Thursday that would recognize the mass killings of Armenians by Ottoman Turks a century ago as genocide.

North Dakota Sen. Kevin Cramer said he thwarted the measure after White House officials called the timing inappropriate. President Donald Trump just returned from a NATO summit in London, where Turkey's role in the mass killing was discussed by NATO leaders. Turkey is a NATO member.
Molon Lube

Juana

Aaaand he's probably lost the Armenian vote here.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

altered

"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Bruno

Quote from: altered on January 01, 2020, 11:40:13 PM
https://www.wsj.com/articles/hate-crime-is-only-a-step-away-from-thoughtcrime-11577905525

Presented without comment.

Won't let me read past the first 3 sentences, but it's not like we don't already have a concept of intent incorporated into our laws. I guess "terrorism" and "pre-meditation" are also thoughtcrime. :fap:
Formerly something else...