News:

OK fuckers, let me out of here. I farted for you, what more do you want from me? Jesus fuck.

Main Menu

ITT: I solicit your recipes for Standing Rib Roast

Started by Jenne, December 09, 2009, 04:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenne

This will be my Xmas Beast Feast.  :D  Please to be putting your suggestions on how to prepare a standing rib roast ITT.  Edible suggestions, please.  I will be serving my grandparents, after all. 

East Coast Hustle

keep it classic.

season the roast with salt, pepper, and fresh rosemary. cut some slits in the roast (not too deep) and stick whole cloves of garlic right into the flesh.

for a little extra flavor, cut some carrots lengthwise into strips about 1/4 inch thick and put them in the pan with the roast sitting on top of them.

finish it off with some pan gravy and be sure to deglaze the pan with a little of whatever red wine you're serving with the roast.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Sir Squid Diddimus

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on December 10, 2009, 04:00:28 AM
keep it classic.

season the roast with salt, pepper, and fresh rosemary. cut some slits in the roast (not too deep) and stick whole cloves of garlic right into the flesh.

for a little extra flavor, cut some carrots lengthwise into strips about 1/4 inch thick and put them in the pan with the roast sitting on top of them.

finish it off with some pan gravy and be sure to deglaze the pan with a little of whatever red wine you're serving with the roast.

THIS

My only change/addition is I mix baby carrots and pearl onions in the bottom of the pan for the meat to sit on.

Jenne

It's a plan!  Thanks, ECH!  Khara, the pearl onions idea sounds great, too.  The fam can't wait!  Now to decide how big the meat needs to be.  :lmnuendo:

LMNO

I usually go with a half-pound per person, so as to leave some for leftovers.

Jenne

Me too--I'm wondering if I need that much, though, since I have to serve ham too (my grandfather goes berzerk if there isn't a ham, more's the pity, but he's a old guy so we try to please him, though he's a fan of beef of all kinds as well).  

But, I'll probably still go with .5 lb per, though, because we really do love leftovers, and chances are there'll be leftover HAM instead of the roast.  My brother (who hates roast of all kinds) will be the only one who'll leave the roast behind in favor of the ham.