News:

It's like that horrible screech you get when the microphone is positioned too close to a speaker, only with cops.

Main Menu

Poping in to say hi

Started by Dr Goofy, December 10, 2009, 12:55:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cramulus on December 10, 2009, 04:25:46 PM
aww Rev, sorry to hear that! Ugh, disgusting. 

Ain't it, though?  Instead of helping kids who have fallen into the cracks, we're hammering them down as cheap labor for Wackenhutt, to be rented out to call centers and Toys-R-Us (guess who stocks those shelves, kids?  You betcha!  Prison inmates.)

The program that might HELP is cancelled, and Wackenhutt gets paid both as a prison AND as a temp agency, and if the little buggers don't play along, they don't get "good time".

By the way, guess who the largest single lobbyist in America is?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Suu

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on December 10, 2009, 04:29:09 PM
Thanks, and this is the last I'll say cause I don't want to be buggering up Dr. Goofy's thread, the silver lining is that of the 3 jobs that would be impacted by this, I've been informed that mine is the one they are trying really hard to save.  In the meantime I've already applied for a new job that is closer to home.  Maybe this will work out for the best. 

Good Luck!

Also, HI GOOFY!
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Dr Goofy

HI SUU!

And wow i hate the economy. Sorry to hear RWHN

Jenne

GOOFY!  How is ya's?

RWHN, that fucking bites, man. I hope the new job sitch works out!

TGRR, don't get me started!  *shakes fist*

Dr Goofy

I am an idiot who needs shot but what can you do?

Jenne

Aw, I doubt that very much--but end of the semester shit is always tough.  The fact I'm thinking of going back to school means I've forgotten a lot of that, more's the pity.

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Freeky

LMNO

Quote from: Mistress Freeky on December 14, 2009, 08:27:56 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 10, 2009, 04:30:38 PM
By the way, guess who the largest single lobbyist in America is?

who is?

Shit, I knew this... They were on the news the other day...

Ah!  NFIB, right?

Jenne

The prison guard/prison industry lobby.

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Jenne on December 14, 2009, 08:41:31 PM
I thought AARP was bigger. They basically claim everyone over the age of 60, don't they?
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on December 14, 2009, 09:05:30 PM
Quote from: Jenne on December 14, 2009, 08:41:31 PM
I thought AARP was bigger. They basically claim everyone over the age of 60, don't they?

Talking muscle, here.  AARP is significant, but comes in way behind the private prison lobby.

Ever wonder why there's harsher and harsher time for non-violent offenses?  Because non-violent offenders can be pimped out by Wackenhutt, and they get paid on both ends...once to house the inmates, and once for renting them out (and if you don't play along, you don't get good time).

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Jenne

If they put the money behind the parole departments that they do the prison guard/prison lobby, then the rescidivism rate would probably be non-existent.  But you won't hear any politician saying this.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Jenne on December 14, 2009, 09:17:07 PM
If they put the money behind the parole departments that they do the prison guard/prison lobby, then the rescidivism rate would probably be non-existent.  But you won't hear any politician saying this.

Not the point.  Parole officers don't send big fucking bribes contributions to congressmen.

Jenne

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 14, 2009, 09:22:00 PM
Quote from: Jenne on December 14, 2009, 09:17:07 PM
If they put the money behind the parole departments that they do the prison guard/prison lobby, then the rescidivism rate would probably be non-existent.  But you won't hear any politician saying this.

Not the point.  Parole officers don't send big fucking bribes contributions to congressmen.

...which is why you won't hear politicians talking about it.  For all they are anti-crime and pro-education, so to speak.