News:

Oceana has always been at war with Iraq

Main Menu

Poping in to say hi

Started by Dr Goofy, December 10, 2009, 12:55:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Goofy

Hello everyone, I have been really busy with school, work, and life and haven't been able to stop by. How is everyone?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Dr Goofy on December 10, 2009, 12:55:31 AM
Hello everyone, I have been really busy with school, work, and life and haven't been able to stop by. How is everyone?

Everyone is fine, except Fomenter.  There was some unpleasantness concerning CoG.

How have you been?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Iason Ouabache

CoG is dead. You are stuck with us now. 
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Richter

Feeling fat and sassy, thank you.
Getting clear of them semester OK?
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Sir Squid Diddimus

I has delicious beer and am ok.

Glad you're not dead. How's life?

Triple Zero

GOOFY HELP WE'RE TRAPPED IN THIS FORUM SAVE US
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrowâ„¢
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Nast

Quote from: Triple Zero on December 10, 2009, 07:03:11 AM
GOOFY HELP WE'RE TRAPPED IN THIS FORUM SAVE US

And then we were zombies.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Dr Goofy

I have been real good just procrastinating to much for my last class of my major, still have some gen eds and crap though.

The CoG dies all the time but never dies fully, kinda like the black knight. Some members just never give up.

Life has been good minus the 12in of snow that has trapped people(including me) in for 3 days.

How to free zombies trapped in forum? I think I leave them there until I prepare more for z day.

Non- zombies trapped in forum well then I would take you out for a night of drinking and shenanigans.

AFK

Quote from: Dr Goofy on December 10, 2009, 12:55:31 AM

The atmosphere vomited white shit all over my house and yard.
I'm probably going to lose my job in about 7 months. 
The stupid van won't start.
But, at least, tonight I get to sleep and not think about it for 7 hours. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on December 10, 2009, 04:08:48 PM

Lemme guess...funding cuts.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

AFK

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 10, 2009, 04:10:30 PM

In a round about way.  The program that pays for roughly 50% of my salary was on the chopping block last year along with another program (that my agency also ran for the State).  Well, basically the Legislators told the Office of Substance Abuse to pick between the two programs.  Fortunately they picked the one that pays my salary.  The caveat was the funding was only for one year and that OSA would have to find the funding for following years. 

So fast forward to today, and OSA has to cut spending, which makes it highly unlikely they'll find the cash to keep my program running. 

Which is too bad, because this is the program that helps kids with addiction get treatment when their insurance doesn't cover it.  (And of course, insurance hardly ever covers it).  The other program that got cut last year was the drug court case management program. 

So this means that kids who get caught with drugs are going to go to jail AND there will be no money to help them get clean. 

So they're throwing out the baby, the bathwater, and the whole goddamned tub. 

Oh well. 

Suu

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on December 10, 2009, 04:15:57 PM

In a round about way.  The program that pays for roughly 50% of my salary was on the chopping block last year along with another program (that my agency also ran for the State).  Well, basically the Legislators told the Office of Substance Abuse to pick between the two programs.  Fortunately they picked the one that pays my salary.  The caveat was the funding was only for one year and that OSA would have to find the funding for following years. 

So fast forward to today, and OSA has to cut spending, which makes it highly unlikely they'll find the cash to keep my program running. 

Which is too bad, because this is the program that helps kids with addiction get treatment when their insurance doesn't cover it.  (And of course, insurance hardly ever covers it).  The other program that got cut last year was the drug court case management program. 

So this means that kids who get caught with drugs are going to go to jail AND there will be no money to help them get clean. 

Oh well. 

Fuck dude. Fuck. Not with BWHN on the way. :( Not cool.

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on December 10, 2009, 04:15:57 PM

Oh well. 

But there's plenty of money to pay Wackenhutt to keep the little buggers in prison.   :mad:

Welcome to the post-American century, fuckbats.

Cramulus

aww Rev, sorry to hear that! Ugh, disgusting. 

AFK

Thanks, and this is the last I'll say cause I don't want to be buggering up Dr. Goofy's thread, the silver lining is that of the 3 jobs that would be impacted by this, I've been informed that mine is the one they are trying really hard to save.  In the meantime I've already applied for a new job that is closer to home.  Maybe this will work out for the best.