News:

PD.com: The culmination of the 'Ted Stevens Plan'

Main Menu

John Stossel and Ayn Rand.. Tonite on FOX Business!!!

Started by Hangshai, December 11, 2009, 01:58:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hangshai

poop
All text and pictures uploaded by/to/from this person/account is/are purely fictional and for entertainment purposes only. Or not.

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Lies

ok, firstly, Ayn Rand is a chick.

Secondly, you'll quickly find out, that practically NO ONE likes her here.

But hey, if you think you have some convincing arguments that might make us change our minds...

I double dare you to start listing them.
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

Cait M. R.

Quote from: Lysergic on December 11, 2009, 02:52:34 AM

But hey, if you think you have some convincing arguments that might make us change our minds...

It can be hard to tell, though.

Also, yes, list them!

Payne

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hangshai on December 11, 2009, 01:58:50 AM
Well, John Stossel recently did a blog post saying his first new show on FOX Business channel will be about the book 'Atlas Shrugged' and how he recently re-read it and noticed many similarities with whats going on in current events.  Kind of sounds like a younger friend of mine that recently had heard about the book '1984' being mysteriously removed from the kindle library (including already paid for copies on users personal readers) which prompted him to read it for the first time.  I read it for the first time in 2003 and I bet he thought it was funnier than I did.  So, having recently tried to read Atlas Shrugged myself for the first time (got about 200 pages in, gonna try again after I finish Cats Cradle), I am pretty interested in what he has to say.  Has anyone on the east coast seen it already?  Does anyone care?

Im no fan of FOX by any means, but, john stossel is pretty cool sometimes, and he has a great moustache

1.  Ayn Rand was a bullshit artist of the first degree.  She was also a world class hypocrite.

2.  Ayn Rand was a TERRIBLE writer, and had a thing for rape.

3.  I can disprove her entire political ideology with one question, followed by one paragraph.  Because it's utter shit.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Lies

Quote from: Hangshai on December 11, 2009, 03:22:52 AM
Quote from: Lysergic on December 11, 2009, 02:52:34 AM

I dont get the significance of her being a chick, other than, shes a girl.  Unless that's one of those 'in' things im not in on.  Although there are many girls on this forum it seems, so maybe you thought I was insinuating she WASNT a chick?  There is a picture of her on my copy, you know.  And, if you didn't read my post, I said I only got to page 200, so, I dont think Im qualified to be making ANY convincing arguments.  But, I was kind of mainly talking about John Stossel.  Anyway, I guess Ill know in half an hour if I was wasting everyones time or not..

The way you wrote your OP sounded as if you were assuming Ayn was a man. Having re-read it, I see you were refering to the Fox dude.

In any case, it's got nothing to do with her being a chick. It's got everything to do with her being a hypocrite and fucked up in the head.
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 11, 2009, 04:06:55 AM

3.  I can disprove her entire political ideology with one question, followed by one paragraph.  Because it's utter shit.

...and I thought it was just unpopular people fantasizing that they are superior to everyone else...
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on December 11, 2009, 04:16:03 AM

...and I thought it was just unpopular people fantasizing that they are superior to everyone else...

No, that's her fans.  You can see them at the local Starbucks, ostentatiously reading The Fountainhead, and wondering why it isn't attracting the women in droves.  They're usually wearing a pretentious tweed jacket, and/or smoking cloves or a pipe.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Salty

I read Anthem after finding out about her, knowing generally what I was getting into.
I threw that fucking waste of pulp into the trash at least a dozen times hauling it out each time and forcing myself to finish.

Even to the last hackneyed sentence (ESPECIALLY THAT ONE!) did I seethe and rage.

Fuck Ayn Rand.

FUCKHERGODDAMMIT!  :argh!:
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Alty on December 11, 2009, 04:23:55 AM
I read Anthem after finding out about her, knowing generally what I was getting into.
I threw that fucking waste of pulp into the trash at least a dozen times hauling it out each time and forcing myself to finish.

Even to the last hackneyed sentence (ESPECIALLY THAT ONE!) did I seethe and rage.

Fuck Ayn Rand.

FUCKHERGODDAMMIT!  :argh!:

Remember, kids:  It's okay to rape a woman, as long as you are her ideal mate.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hangshai on December 11, 2009, 04:54:22 AM
Ok, maybe I WONT try to reread it after cat's cradle.  I've never read anything by her, Ive always heard it referenced in the obvious places, but you know, just another one of those books on THAT list (a cross between books I didnt read in high school but probably should have, like huck finn and then, you know, classics..  Like All Quiet on the Western Front.  I finished both of those, though).

Fuck it, go ahead and read her drivel...it's your frontal lobes.

But don't come crying to me when you find yourself joining the Libertarian Party and screeching that we need to give all the highways to corporations, and shut down all the national parks.

PROTIP:  Ranting your Libertarianism out loud will leave you alone in a corner at parties.  Truth.

Thurnez Isa

If your not an insufferable twat then you can't be a libertarian can you?
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Freeky

In my senior class, we had to rad something by Ayn Rand. I forget what it was, but I don't think it was Atlas Shrugged....

Ah yes, it was Anthem. I didn't really care for it, although it was short. Ish.

Iason Ouabache

He ain't taking the bait, but I'd sure love to hear this question and paragraph.

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on December 11, 2009, 04:16:03 AM

You forgot to add paranoid. Libertarians are almost always extremely paranoid. They like to go off on rants about the government coming to your house with guns to steal their precious golds!
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘