News:

PD.com: promoting the nomadic, war-like and democratic lupine culture since 2002

Main Menu

Foods You Can Cram into Your Gullet - With Nasturtiums

Started by Nast, December 11, 2009, 02:48:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NotPublished

In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

Nast

Quote from: NotPublished on January 12, 2010, 08:33:18 AM
Amazing! Do you work as a cook? Or just a long time hobby?

Nah, I just cook for myself and family. I guess I've been doing it for...3 years? That sounds right.

Quote from: Felix on January 12, 2010, 08:56:59 AM
I'm impressed, the food looks and sounds great, and the photography is well above par!

Why thanks! I assure you, there's nothing impressive about it, anyone can do it.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Jasper

Quote from: Nasturtiums on January 12, 2010, 09:02:13 AM
Quote from: Felix on January 12, 2010, 08:56:59 AM
I'm impressed, the food looks and sounds great, and the photography is well above par!

Why thanks! I assure you, there's nothing impressive about it, anyone can do it.

But do they?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Yum!

As an aside, every time I see the title of this thread I can't help thinking about Cram in your gullet.  :x
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on January 12, 2010, 04:52:48 PM
Yum!

As an aside, every time I see the title of this thread I can't help thinking about Cram in your gullet. 

:lmnuendo:

Nast

"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Nast

More foods! Will post recipes later.

Rumckle

Made a crappy version of your Mesir Wat (the spice cupboard has been cleaned out since I left home :(), it's an awesome recipe.

:D
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Nast

Quote from: Rumckle on February 05, 2010, 10:55:58 PM
Made a crappy version of your Mesir Wat (the spice cupboard has been cleaned out since I left home :(), it's an awesome recipe.

:D

Sweet!

And yeah, spices. I get mine from a bizarre Indian grocery/convenience store where they're cheap.
I don't even bother with grocery store spices anymore. I might as well be sprinkling cocaine and unicorn tears over my food for what they charge.

Nast

The labors of cooking and eating continue!
A lot of what I make doesn't have a set recipe, so instead of writing up recipes for each dish when I post pictures, I've decided to simply give recipes on request. Well, most of the time.

---

Tri tip with fresh ground horseradish, potato salad, and spinach sauteed in bacon fat.
I was lucky to have time to make this on Sunday. Sometimes I don't have time to make dinner for everyone on weekdays, given conflicting schedules, so I enjoy taking the time on weekends to cook nice things.

Quiche and pea shoot salad with garlic prosciutto vinaigrette
I didn't bother making a crust for the quiche. It was alright; it really could have used some spinach, tomato, or feta to give it some more flavor but I didn't have any of those things on hand. Oh well.

Pea shoots are a nice vegetable. I found that they sell them at the farmer's market here and I bought a big bag. They taste pretty much how you'd expect: green, with a hint of pea flavor. I like the concept of the salad, but I found that I the amount of garlic I and the saltiness of the brand of prosciutto I used was a bit too persuasive for the delicate greens.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Sir Squid Diddimus

Nast

Nikujaga, the savory-delicious Japanese take on beef stew.

You just need some beef, partially frozen to facilitate slicing, dashi, mirin, soy sauce, sake, potatoes, carrots and onions.

Brown meat, add everything except the soy sauce, which you should save until the last few minutes as it can toughen the meat. It's really good.

Sir Squid Diddimus

get in mah kitchen!!

and make me that cause i'm too lazy.

Nast

I have the plague now, so I might hack up all sorts of ick in your kitchen if I did that.  :sad: