News:

What the fuck is a homonym?  It's something that sounds gay.

Main Menu

Foods You Can Cram into Your Gullet - With Nasturtiums

Started by Nast, December 11, 2009, 02:48:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nast

This is one of those "Oh my God what the hell there's nothing in the refrigerator" meals. The dish you see in the front is ohitashi, which is blanched leaf vegetables (in this case chard), rolled up into a log, marinated in soy sauce and dashi, then sprinkled with toppings. The rest is egg-drop soup and rice balls.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Nast

It has occurred to me that by now you should be getting a sense of how limited our dishware is.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Nast

Tasty salad: arugula, bresaola, chopped egg, shaved parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.

Jenne

Nast

Quote from: Jenne on July 03, 2010, 04:44:35 AM
All your food looks so good, Nast.

Thanks!

Don't worry though; I cook up plenty of unphotogenic curries to compensate.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Nast on July 02, 2010, 06:36:13 AM

This is one of those "Oh my God what the hell there's nothing in the refrigerator" meals. The dish you see in the front is ohitashi, which is blanched leaf vegetables (in this case chard), rolled up into a log, marinated in soy sauce and dashi, then sprinkled with toppings. The rest is egg-drop soup and rice balls.

Fucking BEAUTIFUL!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

Nast

Braised country style pork ribs, polenta, and a melange of summer vegetables. Made this for my nana and aunt's birthday.

Pope Pixie Pickle

thats it.... im making soup for to eat the rest of the day.

Nast

Fresh pasta with corn, pancetta, and sage; slow cooked romano beans. Recipes courtesy of The Zuni Cafe Cookbook, which is a really very nice book. I want to go to their restaurant some day!

Nast

Toasted Ham-and-Brie sammiches, with cornichons and tarragon. For when you're feeling all fancy and French-like.

Nast

Another Zuni Cafe recipe: Rockfish (the original calls for bass)  with potatoes, leeks, and thyme.

You add cooked chunks of potato into an oven-proof pan with leeks, thyme, chicken stock, and a drizzle of vermouth. When this comes to a simmer you stir in a hunk of butter. Then you add the fish to the pan, basting it in the liquid for a little bit. Next you put the whole pan under the burner for 5-6 minutes, until the everything's colored. Turn down the heat to 500F for a minute or so more to cook the fish all the way.

The picture isn't terribly flattering, but this was one of tastiest fish dished I've made! The fish had a fine flavor, the sauce was richly reduced, and the potatoes were creamy and nicely gratineed.  WOULD EAT AGAIN.

Jenne

It's 6:30 in the a.m. here, and you made me want lunch AND dinner with those last two!  :D  Beautiful, as usual, Nast!

Nast

A rather moody butternut squash soup with bleu cheese:

A salad of frisee, persimmons, pomegranate seeds, and toasted walnuts. Freshly harvested walnuts cannot be compared to those dreary things you get in plastic bags at the supermarket.

Pope Pixie Pickle

damn, nast, that soup looks awesomes.

i made stilton and brocolli soup the other day with bacon, It was very tasty, altho I think the stilton was a little too young.