News:

To the "allies," if you aren't complicit in my crimes then you are complicit in theirs.

Main Menu

PD.COM...2009 in Review.

Started by Suu, December 12, 2009, 06:09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Well, I know my year got off to a bang. I came down from the high of winning master level costuming awards to being asked for a divorce from Herbert, who no longer has the balls to show up on this forum. Everything sort of went out of control from there. I introduced General Stuart to to the board and the power of WOMP, and he's been nigh unstoppable since...well since he went to work in Vermont.

It also appears that our alphabetical members of the board, RWHN and LMNO, have decided to breed.

Someone take it from here.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

i read that as "went to work for Voldemort" ....  :lol:

Cainad (dec.)

2009 was the year of the February Fuckover, in which several members of PD.com (and/or people close to them) got totally fucked over. I personally avoided the worst of it, and I'll let those individuals affected by it tell their own stories. Or maybe someone can find a link to the February Shit List thread we made.

2009 was also the year of the Second Generation Internet Safaris. I participated in several of these, even acting as a sort of impromptu leader on some of them. These board-hopping adventures enjoyed great success on at least one forum, that being, appropriately enough, a forum devoted to discussing IRL African Safaris. We were tolerated on a few others, and unceremoniously booted off of a few more. I'm told that this second generation of Internet Safaris was rather different from the first incarnation, although I was not around for the first Safaris so maybe someone else can illuminate the differences between them.

And some other stuff happened.

Cramulus

We started Intermittens Magazine, churned out about seven issues, then inexplicably stopped

Dysnomia

:x :argh!:

I had almost forgotten Feb fuckover. 
It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

East Coast Hustle

I was barely here for most of the year and the board flourished.

Now I'm back, and you can see the results for yourselves.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Suu

The divorce announcement was only one instance of the overall February Fuckover of 2009.  :horrormirth:
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

I started dating a corpse-carver, I met a bunch of new freaks, and we did the psycho letters.

Oh, yeah, I also had 2 heart attacks, lost 30 pounds, and got all fucked up on pills.

Working on graphic novel of MSY, release date May 1st.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Faust

Quote from: Cramulus on December 12, 2009, 06:54:15 PM
We started Intermittens Magazine, churned out about seven issues, then inexplicably stopped
Still waiting on rats server to come back online
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Eater of Clowns

I took part in a couple safaris, left from March until about August, came back and contributed to some writing threads, and undertook NaNoWriMo (which I heard about on this board).

In life, 2009 has been a pretty good year for me.  2008 was awful, so it didn't take much.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Dysnomia

I had ex-boyfriends, stalkers, old flames, moved out, moved back in, got Mak back, nearly killed the bitch who almost sold him to kill buyer, and had fantastic unicr0n pr0n sexxorz with Nigel.

Kai

I skipped taking part in the February fuck over and instead had the November fuck over.

Roger kicked off his letters series with Hey, LMNO! and now he and several members are working on a graphic novel adaptation. This was the start of the AT/OKM reversal. More awesomeness to come.

Aside from that and Intermittens I can't really recall the events here over the last year in great detail. Is that bad, considering how much time I spend around here?

Notable trolls include, well, only Dead Kennedy I think.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

I drank a lot of beer.

smoked a lot of cigarettes.

stuck a lot of motherfuckers with blunt metal objects.

found out why they call them TV dinners.

Ate an entire 15 pound chicken by myself.

wrote threatening letters to people I look like but hate.

Oh yeah, and went back to work.

Dysnomia

I finally figured out what I wanted to do with my life, and did it.  Now am waiting for pass/fail.

Oh, and Daruko.

NWC

I started studying philosophy in a foreign language and then had no time to do anything on here but read. Though I think I managed to post once at least every 2 months.

Ok back to studying...
PROSECUTORS WILL BE TRANSGRESSICUTED