News:

And if you've misplaced your penis, never fear. This forum is full of dicks.

Main Menu

REALLY FUCKING GOOD SALMON!

Started by bob-o, December 12, 2009, 07:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob-o

ok, so, several years ago i got the holy-grail of salmon recipes. it's absolutely phenomenal and so easy to make even the biggest of you asshats could do it. since i have no chance of monetary gain from this here goes...

SALMON StGERMAIN:

you need:
salmon fillet
cumin
paprika
chili powder
brown sugar
salt (FYI... kosher salt is the shit and should be used for 99% of all cooking endeavors)
oven/broiler/grill (charcoal grill is far better than any other option)
baking pan (if using an oven)

OK, so, now you need to mix the spices into a dry rub. usually i have relatively equal amounts of chili powder and paprika, a little less cumin and brown sugar, and a pinch or three of salt. basically mix it so it tastes good and there's enough sugar to caramelize.

now, put salmon in the pan, maybe on some aluminum foil (if you're baking/broiling it... otherwise, just prepare it on a plate). cover with the dry rub and pat/rub in as much as possible.

now get your grill/oven/broiler/etc started up. if you're awesome like me and using a charcoal grill, throw it on and cook it like a man. if you insist on cooking inside (like if, for example, it's really fucking cold outside), i like to broil first to heat the oven and caramelize the coating. then i bake at 350 F until done.

then you take it out and eat it.

it's so fucking good it'll give you a hard-on.

BOB-O
"the use of fasteners is to be next to godliness" - R.H.Howes

Triple Zero

cool, my current best-salmon-evar is with self-made teriyaki marinade (dark soy sauce, ginger, garlic, oil, rice vinegar, sugar molasses syrup, MSG, black pepper -> blender), BUT I"m gonna give this a try!
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

bob-o

that teriyaki sauce sounds very similar to a sauce i tried once... had it a restaurant and had to repeat it. i reduced teriyaki sauce, brown sugar, and maybe another thing or two in a saucepan until it was thick, and then used it as a glaze as i broiled and baked the fish.

it was really good...

and i've made it that way only one other time. any other time i make salmon, you can guess the recipie i use...

BOB-o
"the use of fasteners is to be next to godliness" - R.H.Howes

Iason Ouabache

I'll have to try that sometime. I already have all of the ingredients except for the fish. My wife LOVES salmon and says that she wants to eat it at least once a week if/when she gets pregnant again. I'll need all of the recipes I can find.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

East Coast Hustle

I thought pregnant women weren't supposed to eat much fish due to the mercury content? I know it tends to be more of a problem for larger predator fish (salmon, tuna, swordfish, kingfish, etc.), though I don't know if that's true of the farm-raised stuff (leaving aside other myriad issues with farm-raised fish).
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Iason Ouabache

Current guidelines is no more than two servings of salmon per week for pregnant women. She's just using the Omega-3s as an excuse to eat salmon as often as possible.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘