News:

If it quacks like a sociopath, but also ponders its own sociopathy, it's probably just an asshole.

Main Menu

I like boobs

Started by The Commander, June 29, 2004, 04:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plaidikins

Quote from: St. Hugh, KSC
Quote from: Plaidikins
Quote from: St. Trollax, ODDIf you've ever read the graffiti on the walls of female toilets you will know that this is in no way true.

I write the graffiti on the walls of women's restrooms. I carry a Sharpie specifically for this purpose. No lie.

That seems like the type of thing you would do.

Really? Why?

illusion

Quote from: St. Trollax, ODD
Quote from: Malauldid somebody say BOOBS!!!

*Stares at picture* You have a nice pair of... uhm, eyes, yes, that's it, eyes.

Uh, anyway, I like boobs. I'm pretty sure I'm not anti-woman or anti-feminist... I just like boobs. Is that such a bad thing?

The majority of feminists take the female role to the victorian extreme that women are sensitive and delicate creatures who should be treated just so and prevented from being anything else. If you've ever read the graffiti on the walls of female toilets you will know that this is in no way true.
I find it oddly sickening (and a very uncomfortable issue) when people talk about violence against women. I really don't feel there's any problem with a man and a woman going 13 rounds in a boxing ring (or any other type of arena) and while I do think that there is something wrong with attacking people who have no wish in fighting, I think it's more sexist to say that a woman (because of her gender) is to be afforded special treatment in the combat stakes.
While there certainly differences between men and women in terms of build and weight, that is no reason to say that they are incapable of conducting themselves well in a fight. Funnily enough, that's gender equality.
I used to work in a battered woman's shelter and I find this statement kind of shocking. I'm a feminist and while I believe that women are capable of accomplishing almost anything in life, I don't believe they are, in general, physically as strong as men. If you had seen the damage I have, you might feel differently. I've seen women with their noses smashed off to one side of their faces, women with their teeth broken off, their throats slashed open, and even some who had been set on fire.

This is not to say that any victim of physical violence should be afforded more protection than any other......but.....most of the time the victims I've seen are women and the perpetrators are men. And believe me, I've read a lot of crime reports. Violence has nothing to do with the graffiti on the walls of women's bathrooms and whether or not women are delicate flowers. It has to do with power and control and societal attitudes.

To the Commander: Liking boobs in no way makes you anti-woman.
It means you are an admirer of women.

Malaul

Uh, anyway, I like boobs. I'm pretty sure I'm not anti-woman or anti-feminist... I just like boobs. Is that such a bad thing?
nope, I like to look at boobs
boobs = fun
Coito ergo sum
O! Plus! Perge! Aio! Hui! Hem!
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy,the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon.  --Comedian Chris Rock

Trollax

Quote from: illusionI used to work in a battered woman's shelter and I find this statement kind of shocking. I'm a feminist and while I believe that women are capable of accomplishing almost anything in life, I don't believe they are, in general, physically as strong as men. If you had seen the damage I have, you might feel differently. I've seen women with their noses smashed off to one side of their faces, women with their teeth broken off, their throats slashed open, and even some who had been set on fire.

This is not to say that any victim of physical violence should be afforded more protection than any other......but.....most of the time the victims I've seen are women and the perpetrators are men. And believe me, I've read a lot of crime reports. Violence has nothing to do with the graffiti on the walls of women's bathrooms and whether or not women are delicate flowers. It has to do with power and control and societal attitudes.

I don't disagree with what you are saying Illusion, and I think that the shitheads who bully women are rightly deserving of being used as a golf ball for 18 holes. Like you said, power, contrtol and social attitudes. That's what I'd like to address, on boobs, and on fighting. I don't know, I do feel somehow that this issue of delicacy can encourage those assholes too. I mean you always think twice about beating up someone who may well just get out of the hospital and come looking for you.

Unless I'm digging myself into a deeper hole...

Plaidikins

Quote from: Malaul

nope, I like to look at boobs
boobs = fun

You know what I like to do with boobs?

Malaul

^^pokes YOURS boob before you can do it to her^^
Coito ergo sum
O! Plus! Perge! Aio! Hui! Hem!
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy,the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon.  --Comedian Chris Rock

Plaidikins

illusion

You are digging it a bit deeper, yes.
The feminists in this town offer free self-defense classes to women and girls. We go into the public school system and teach little kids to say no and to stick up for themselves. We teach women how to dress in order to look powerful and keep themselves safe. So I kinda resent the fact that we're perceived as encouraging a victim mentality in women. We also go into the jails and teach anger management to men and women alike.

Other than that, you made it a bit better.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: illusionYou are digging it a bit deeper, yes.
The feminists in this town offer free self-defense classes to women and girls. We go into the public school system and teach little kids to say no and to stick up for themselves. We teach women how to dress in order to look powerful and keep themselves safe. So I kinda resent the fact that we're perceived as encouraging a victim mentality in women. We also go into the jails and teach anger management to men and women alike.

RAAAAAAAAh!

Let's go burn some batterers!
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

Trollax

Quote from: illusionYou are digging it a bit deeper, yes.

Ah, then we're talking about the problem of definition there. It is you and yours I raise my glass and tilt my hat to when I speak of women. Like there are fundamentalists and there are christians, there are fundamentalists and there are feminists. For me, this dichotomy is resolved by dropping the name and making it a way of life.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Attention batterers and phallocrats and other such vile phlegmatic vomit:
Eris is about to wipe the planet with your heads!

Trollax

Quote from: St. Hugh, KSCAttention batterers and phallocrats and other such vile phlegmatic vomit:

I call shotgun... and I get a cheese grater

Plaidikins

Quote from: St. Hugh, KSCAttention batterers and phallocrats and other such vile phlegmatic vomit:

....What's a phallocrat?

Trollax

....What's a phallocrat?

Phallo- Prefix meaning phallus (penis) Phallocrat is another way of saying mysoginist I'd wager.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

*leaves that for others to answer*