Testimonial: "It's just honestly sad that a place like this exists"

Main Menu

ATTN PAYNE

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, December 16, 2009, 12:39:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: -Kel- on December 16, 2009, 05:49:07 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 16, 2009, 05:43:10 PM

Yeah, well, if I hosted a stand alone chatroom, would you run it?  Would people prefer that over what we have?

As long as people with irssi and every other client under the sun can get in.

I don't know any of that shit.  I am willing to host a site, and provide decent software.  Someone that knows how this shit works will have to do all that shit.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Requia ☣

I could do it easily enough if you funded it.

Of course, given our history on irc you might not appreciate my offer.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Triple Zero

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 16, 2009, 05:34:29 PM
Yep.  We need a new chatroom.  One that, you know, WORKS.

IAWTC.

it doesn't even need to be IRC, something web-based might be even more suitable. the point is being able to interact in real time, right?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Triple Zero on December 16, 2009, 11:19:35 PM

IAWTC.

it doesn't even need to be IRC, something web-based might be even more suitable. the point is being able to interact in real time, right?

Yeah, and I'd like voice and maybe videochat options.

Preferably, videochat would look like the briefings from starcraft, but I'm not picky.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 16, 2009, 11:23:00 PM

IAWTC.

Preferably, videochat would look like the briefings from starcraft, but I'm not picky.

Lucky for you, I happen to be a pulsing nondescript mass of flesh and nerve endings.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Omnipotent Grinner on December 16, 2009, 11:24:48 PM

IAWTC.

Lucky for you, I happen to be a pulsing nondescript mass of flesh and nerve endings.

FUCK.

TGRR,
Forgot to call dibs.

Triple Zero

IAWTC.

Voice and video are gonna be hard to do in a web interface though.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

rygD

Do you mean like Team Speak or Ventrilo for voice?  Also years ago I used to play with yahoo chat, and they had both video and audio in their IM if I recall, but not sure about the rooms.  Bandwidth for some of those might be an issue for some, but as long as there is separate text chat I suppose that will give those people an option.

Are we trying to do away with irc completely and move on to something else?
:rbtg:

Quote from: rygD on March 07, 2007, 02:53:03 PM
...nuke Iraq and give it to the Jews...

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: rygD on December 16, 2009, 11:43:46 PM
Do you mean like Team Speak or Ventrilo for voice?  Also years ago I used to play with yahoo chat, and they had both video and audio in their IM if I recall, but not sure about the rooms.  Bandwidth for some of those might be an issue for some, but as long as there is separate text chat I suppose that will give those people an option.

Are we trying to do away with irc completely and move on to something else?

Most new software has voice and video.

Hell, even the fuckers at GLP have it.

Payne

Has to also be quite easy on bandwidth, else I would be unable to do chat at all.

Pope Pixie Pickle

i only had real trouble in the last couple days, and mibbit sucks balls anyway, its temperamental as fuck.

also my poor graphics card would probably die a death with video chat
I'll see how the laptop pans out after xmas tho...

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pixie O'Fubar on December 17, 2009, 12:37:02 AM
i only had real trouble in the last couple days, and mibbit sucks balls anyway, its temperamental as fuck.

also my poor graphics card would probably die a death with video chat
I'll see how the laptop pans out after xmas tho...

Usually, voice/text is kept separate from video, and you can disable voice.

Cait M. R.

Chat? Voice, video?

Wait, are you people seriously asking for Stickam?  :lulz: :lulz: I kid. But seriously, if you got something like that up and running that'd be awesome.

LMNO

Would Google Wave be an option?

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: LMNO on December 17, 2009, 01:26:56 PM
Would Google Wave be an option?

my shitty bandwidth dislikes google wave sometiems.  Is it also still invite only?