News:

The only BEARFORCE1 slashfic forum on the Internet.  Fortunately.

Main Menu

My greatest weakness....

Started by AFK, December 17, 2009, 01:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Quote from: Cain on December 17, 2009, 03:03:21 PM
"My greatest weakness is delegation" is a good one to go for.  Anything that actually sounds fairly awesome when you think about it for five seconds is always a winner.

I've used that one a couple of times too. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Rumckle

"Sometimes I wake up in pools of other peoples blood, with total amnesia."

?

I'm not sure I've actually been asked that in an interview before. I have had my references asked that however.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

LMNO

"The inability to stomach answering pop-psychology business management questions like that one."

AFK

Quote from: Brotep on December 17, 2009, 03:27:17 PM
For me, the strategy depends on the interviewer.  You can get a good sense of them quickly, if you're not too nervous.

If they're a fun-loving sort, a bit of lighthearted chatter goes a long way.
If they're more serious, they will respect thoughtful answers to their questions.
etc., etc.

The last job I interviewed for, which I didn't get, was quite a hoot.  I knew the two people interviewing me and had worked with them on past projects.  I thought that would give me an edge.  Except, what I handn't counted on was coming down with laryngitis the day before and completely losing my voice.  But, I went on with the show, and well, I didn't get the job.  Fuckers!

AFK

"I like to share puns with my co-workers."

"What, we're done already?"

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

I generally go for something honest... like "I sometimes have trouble finishing a project after I get bored with it and I have to keep several reminders in my scheduling program to make sure it gets done."

That way its an obvious flaw, not a false humility kind of response and it appears that I have something in place to compensate for it. But I think "the best answer" probably depends on the kind of work and the interviewer.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

The Good Reverend Roger

"My greatest weakness is my hatred of stupid questions like this."

"Lost time due to STD flare ups."

"My inability to not stare at the breasts of my female coworkers."

TGRR,
Channeling Redman.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

AFK

Yeah, I can that I have no problems with that last one.

Well, my office neighbor is okay looking, and the only one under the age of 35, but otherwise, yikes!

Shibboleet The Annihilator

ON OCCASIONS I HAVE HORRIFIC BOUTS OF EXPLOSIVE DIARRHEA, FORCING ME TO SHIT IN TRASH CANS BECAUSE I AM UNABLE TO MAKE IT TO THE RESTROOM IN TIME.

I SHOULD REMIND YOU THAT THIS IS A MEDICAL CONDITION AND IT IS ILLEGAL TO DISCRIMINATE AGAINST MEDICAL CONDITIONS.

WHEN CAN I START?

-StD,
recommends that you speak in capslock.

AFK

Interestingly enough, if I get this job I'd be working for the big hospital in my city.  I wonder if they give discounts? 

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on December 17, 2009, 07:21:12 PM
Interestingly enough, if I get this job I'd be working for the big hospital in my city.  I wonder if they give discounts? 

What would you be doing?

Requia ☣

I usually pick something they already know by that point in the interview, my first job it was 'lack of experience' and my second it was 'face to face communication'.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

AFK

Quote from: Doctor Rat Bastard on December 17, 2009, 07:31:34 PM

What would you be doing?

Coordinating the substance abuse prevention initiatives in my city's schools.   

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on December 17, 2009, 07:41:18 PM
Quote from: Doctor Rat Bastard on December 17, 2009, 07:31:34 PM

What would you be doing?

Coordinating the substance abuse prevention initiatives in my city's schools.   

Cool, thats awesome that its based out of a hospital!

AFK

Yep.  The same hospital that my little boy will be born in.  Again, I'm hoping they offer generous employee discounts.   :wink: