News:

To the "allies," if you aren't complicit in my crimes then you are complicit in theirs.

Main Menu

IPCC Fourth Assessment Report (This is about climatechange, dummies)

Started by Reginald Ret, December 17, 2009, 06:23:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reginald Ret

So i got a link to the Contribution of Working Group I to the Fourth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change

And have been reading the summary for policy makers.
now i could make this one huge post where i copy everything said in the report and say 'i agree' to almost everything but I've decided to keep things simple.
We are fucked, we are very very fucked.

CO2 and methane emissions lead to global warming(methane breaks down to H2O an CO2 in the atmosphere).
QuoteWarming tends to reduce land and ocean uptake of
atmospheric carbon dioxide, increasing the fraction of
anthropogenic emissions that remains in the atmosphere.
Positive feedback bitches, guess what that means.
Oh and i picked up somewhere that if the temperature of the top layer of the ocean gets to 10oC it stops mixing with the lower water wich means there will be no new nutrients in the top layer. this means that the top layer of that bit of ocean becomes devoid of life and that means the same for all the lower ocean bits, cause nutrients go from top to bottom in most of the ocean.
ergo after a certain temperature has been reached the ocean will stop pumping carbon down out of the atmosphere.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Requia ☣

Um, I'm sure you mean 10C hotter?  The ocean is a bit warmer than 10 C now.  That can't be right either though, the Cretaceous is believed to have hit global average temperatures of 27-29C (about 14-16 C hotter than it was in 2008).
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.