News:

I hate both of you because your conversation is both navel-gazing and puerile

Main Menu

Daily Kos Pulls Away The Veil

Started by Bebek Sincap Ratatosk, December 18, 2009, 06:11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2009/12/16/815429/-No-One-Is-Going-To-Save-You-Fools

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

QuoteBarack Obama has indeed sold you out. [....] He hasn't done this because he's a bad guy.  In fact, he's a great guy.  I think he's doing pretty much the best job he can.  He's sold you out because he's not afraid of you.  And really, if I may be so bold, he shouldn't be afraid of you.  You don't know who really runs the show, and you're far too fickle and manipulable to count on.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Captain Utopia

Written powerfully, as you might expect. Perfect timing, tone, pitch, imagery, everything.

I disagree completely with the thrust and conclusion though, that Liberals should become more Conservative in order to enact a Liberal agenda.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: FP on December 18, 2009, 07:06:00 PM
Written powerfully, as you might expect. Perfect timing, tone, pitch, imagery, everything.

I disagree completely with the thrust and conclusion though, that Liberals should become more Conservative in order to enact a Liberal agenda.

I do too... I was mostly enjoying the "We can make you eat dog shit and like it" tone to the article... its so true.

The conclusion is pretty weak though.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Cain

I don't know, it could work....I'm just not sure I want it to, since the Right was able to it via appealing to people who benefit from their policies (usually rich individuals who wanted to be richer). Since liberal policies obstensibly are aimed at helping the poorest and least influential in society, they ain't gonna get the money for organizing from them.  So who will they get it from?  "Centrist" "Blue Dog" Democrats.  How will they do it?  By making meaningful concessions.  Hey, that sounds familiar...

Furthermore, the right has taken organization as an end in and of itself - something that explains the purges that it is currently undergoing.  In politics, organization is almost always synonomous with "hierarchy", an inner circle directing lower cadres and a bunch of money men bankrolling the operation calling the shots.  Again, sounds familiar, right?

Gramscian counter-hegemonic strategies do work...but they work best for organizations with steel discipline and rigid mechanisms of control, usually Stalinists or their fellow-travellers on the right.

I disagree with the fickle assessment, as well.  If the pwogs were more fickle, then perhaps Obama would value their support more.  The right and centre make him pay if he does not kowtow to them, the pwogs however, bitch and moan until someone shows them a scary wingnut that might get into power if they do not use their swing votes.  They're too loyal.  Their words and the narratives they push say one thing, but at the end of the day, who are they giving money to, and who are they voting for?

That aside, it was a good piece and, as already mentioned, stylistically wonderful to read.  I imagine for the poor pwogs it was like being slapped across the face with a dead trout, repeatedly.  They wont listen, though.  Oh, a few will, maybe, but the vast majority will either fall into conspiratorial lunacy to try and make excuses for Obama, or else lash out at anyone else criticizing him, to hide their own, deep-seated reservations.

And this is why the pwogs deserve to be eaten alive by wingnuts.