So, I got the bags I commissioned Suu to make for my daughter.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, December 19, 2009, 04:16:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

And they are FUCKING AMAZING!

Suu has been added to my daughter's pantheon, and daddy got a big hug.   :)

I recommend Suu's work to anyone.  For real.   Pics later.

:mittens:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Note:  Was supposed to be a Christmas gift, but they were too cool to wait on.  Got her something else for Christmas, gave her these early.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Quote from: BAI on December 19, 2009, 08:53:01 AM
I'd say that pretty much anything Suu touches is win.

I personally don't think Herbert qualifies.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on December 19, 2009, 02:15:10 PM
Quote from: BAI on December 19, 2009, 08:53:01 AM
I'd say that pretty much anything Suu touches is win.

I personally don't think Herbert qualifies.

That just moves his fail from epic to WTF.

Suu

Aw, shucks.  :oops:

Glad you enjoyed them! I'm wearing my Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion shirt today and told my parents of my clothing label venture. They're pretty excited and love the logo. Of course, we'll see how their handbags work out on Christmas morning. My sister just bought a new Coach bag yesterday down at the outlets (She got 70% off the OUTLET price, I'm not going to bitch because it was a rockin' score and I was jealous) and my mom just got a new bag too so uh...yeah.

I'm glad she loves them though! And I'm glad I didn't do them both in the same design.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Suu on December 19, 2009, 05:00:33 PM

Glad you enjoyed them! I'm wearing my Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion shirt today and told my parents of my clothing label venture. They're pretty excited and love the logo. Of course, we'll see how their handbags work out on Christmas morning. My sister just bought a new Coach bag yesterday down at the outlets (She got 70% off the OUTLET price, I'm not going to bitch because it was a rockin' score and I was jealous) and my mom just got a new bag too so uh...yeah.

I'm glad she loves them though! And I'm glad I didn't do them both in the same design.

I need a decent sized gym bag.  Can you do anything with that?

Suu

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 19, 2009, 05:04:24 PM

I need a decent sized gym bag.  Can you do anything with that?

I may be able to. I'll talk more when I'm back up North. My parents' have shit for a computer here and my phone isn't that great on the internet either.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Suu, I don't know what your profit margin is but if you get to a point where you want to switch to selling stock on hand and increase your profit margin, I can hook you up with my screenprinter. Good prices.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Eater of Clowns

Yeah, I saw the pictures of those bags and I might like to comission one either for my anniversary with the girlfriend or her birthday.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Suu

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on December 19, 2009, 05:25:21 PM

Suu, I don't know what your profit margin is but if you get to a point where you want to switch to selling stock on hand and increase your profit margin, I can hook you up with my screenprinter. Good prices.

Thing is, I *LIKE* drawing on the totes individually. It makes them worth more, IMHO.  I may have to jack up the prices if they get too popular though. Other than that, I can knock out about 3 an hour.

Quote from: The Omnipotent Grinner on December 19, 2009, 09:45:40 PM
Yeah, I saw the pictures of those bags and I might like to comission one either for my anniversary with the girlfriend or her birthday.

The sewn bags will be a lot more. I think they're going to start at $60. But I'll let you know.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Suu on December 19, 2009, 10:17:56 PM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on December 19, 2009, 05:25:21 PM

Thing is, I *LIKE* drawing on the totes individually. It makes them worth more, IMHO.  I may have to jack up the prices if they get too popular though. Other than that, I can knock out about 3 an hour.

Quote from: The Omnipotent Grinner on December 19, 2009, 09:45:40 PM

The sewn bags will be a lot more. I think they're going to start at $60. But I'll let you know.

Ohhh I was thinking more along the lines of your shirts. I like your bags as one-offs too.

LMNO

Hmm... My work is giving me a laptop that I have to take home with me every night... Any possibility for a computer bag?  Something sturdy, but without that banal, rat-race look?

Triple Zero

tip: i have one that has a hard plate on one side, so you can also use it as to rest it on your knees.

hey and maybe you cuold get Tom (?) to send Suu some of those discordia pirate patches, they would be very cool on those bags!
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Richter

You can always make your own hard plate from Lexan and foam, and keep the laptop in a sleeve.

Surplus Israelli paratrooper bags survive very well.  My last one survived 6 years of college, post office, sailing, and workign alternately as bookbag, toolbag, etc. 
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat