Main Menu

Sorry Florida...

Started by Suu, December 18, 2009, 03:38:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Requia ☣

Quote from: Jenne on December 18, 2009, 04:08:08 PM
Quote from: Squid on December 18, 2009, 04:00:22 PM
GUH!
Do doctors not think to ask what meds you're currently taking?!?

Lemme rephrase that-- do doctors not think?!?

Yeah, I'm in real shock about that one.  Klonopine is nothing to take lightly, so if this was his regular provider and they had his chart and history, WHY would they do this?

Makes no sense.  I hate ER/urgent care docs anyway.  They are very treat-and-street, much more so than an internist whose sole job is keeping you well.  Go to an internist, Everyone, if you can, instead of going to some random family doc or nurse practitioner (btw, a lot of "doctors" you get in UC and the ER are NOT MD's but NP's instead, bet a lot of folks don't know that) who doesn't know you or your history, and will rely on your fuzzy, fucked up memory to get it all out of you unless they have access to your charts.

I've actually always gotten the best results out of nurse practitioners.  It's the regular doctors who think they're above your problems and the interns who are too fucking dumb to ask for help when they don't know what their doing that always screw me over.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Triple Zero

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 19, 2009, 06:58:25 AM
Yeah, and I've fucking had it.  If the universe won't kill me, I'LL kill IT.

:( ... but that's where I keep most of my stuff!
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Suu

Don't worry Roger, I took that front and threw it back up North.

...Sorry guys. I didn't mean for that 2' of snow to happen. SRSLY.  :lulz:
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Dysnomia

Roger stop nearly dying!   :argh!:  Don't you make me come down there mister!
It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Sparkley Pink Shit on December 19, 2009, 05:09:21 PM

You wouldn't think it would be this fucking difficult, would you?   :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Dysnomia

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 19, 2009, 05:11:16 PM
Quote from: Sparkley Pink Shit on December 19, 2009, 05:09:21 PM

You wouldn't think it would be this fucking difficult, would you?   :lulz:

Death is strictly against the rules!   :argh!:
It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

Jenne

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 19, 2009, 06:57:15 AM
Quote from: Jenne on December 18, 2009, 04:08:08 PM
Quote from: Squid on December 18, 2009, 04:00:22 PM
GUH!
Do doctors not think to ask what meds you're currently taking?!?

Lemme rephrase that-- do doctors not think?!?

Yeah, I'm in real shock about that one.  Klonopine is nothing to take lightly, so if this was his regular provider and they had his chart and history, WHY would they do this?

Makes no sense.  I hate ER/urgent care docs anyway.  They are very treat-and-street, much more so than an internist whose sole job is keeping you well.  Go to an internist, Everyone, if you can, instead of going to some random family doc or nurse practitioner (btw, a lot of "doctors" you get in UC and the ER are NOT MD's but NP's instead, bet a lot of folks don't know that) who doesn't know you or your history, and will rely on your fuzzy, fucked up memory to get it all out of you unless they have access to your charts.

I'm beginning to view most doctors as pushers, to be honest.  I'd rather trust an RN or a PA.  They don't think they're God, and they look shit up.

TGRR,
Would be better off going to a fucking vet.

And I've had the complete 180' experience.  Every RN and PA I've had pushed meds first and talked later.  *shrug*  but that's my experience.  I now Urgent Care sucks ass most times for getting shit taken care of--ER's ok, but seeing your internist if you can get in (yeah--who can get IN at a moment's notice?!?!) is better than all 3.  Fucking lame that they almost killed you while healing you.  Again, complain to insurance, please.