News:

There's a sucker born every minute... and you are right on time.

Main Menu

ITT we make Felix's dreams come true

Started by Jasper, January 31, 2010, 05:48:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

A few problems arise when one considers making a giant robot.  They're easy targets, and no amount of armor can save it from conventional anti-armor weaponry.  Even bog-standard AP RPGs could thwart amounts of steel plating that would be ludicrous on a walking robot.

So how does one make a giant robot that is tactically feasible?  It's an interesting gedankenexperiment. 

My original idea was a combination of various anti-missile countermeasures, as well as putting a small nuclear power plant inside it.  If destroyed, it makes everything radioactive.  But, for 'ethical' reasons, this idea is undesirable.  So I figured, why not use a thorium nuclear reactor?

Any of you spags read this wired article?

So I figure that would more easily fit inside my giant robot, and provide enough power for an anti missile laser system, as well as enough extra juice to power a gigantic fucking cattle prod, which would rule (let's face it).

On top of that, I think the rest of its armaments would just be machine guns and cannons, and lot of them.  Conventional stuff just works well.

Jasper

(HFLS, check your PMs)

I could just send out the first one with a dirty bomb, and have the rest just go without.  Maximum demoralizing effect for least moral turpitude.   
This begs the question of "How do I sneak this bad boy behind enemy lines?"

...In pieces?  I dunno!

I like the idea of having weapons satellites, both orbital and airborne, with centralized command from the robot.  A nifty GUI using windshield projectors would make it easy to assign targets.

I know of an inventor related to one of my old friends who patented this kind of laser lens which allows lasers to cut through logs.  It was invented for Weyerhauser, but they decided not to use it.  :?  It could be used to good effect with a dedicated nuclear power plant. 

While I'm dreaming, if I figured out how Tesla's teleforce beam worked, I could easily generate enough power to cut apart entire enemy bases in an instant.