News:

PD.com: Worse than that time when I conjured a handkerchief from that deaf kid's ear.

Main Menu

So, I got the bags I commissioned Suu to make for my daughter.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, December 19, 2009, 04:16:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Quote from: Triple Zero on December 21, 2009, 04:51:45 PM
tip: i have one that has a hard plate on one side, so you can also use it as to rest it on your knees.

hey and maybe you cuold get Tom (?) to send Suu some of those discordia pirate patches, they would be very cool on those bags!

The hard plate is a good idea. 

Also, I have one of those patches, but I think you know where I stand on the Pirates/Ninjas debate...

Quote from: Richter on December 21, 2009, 04:54:59 PM
You can always make your own hard plate from Lexan and foam, and keep the laptop in a sleeve.

Surplus Israelli paratrooper bags survive very well.  My last one survived 6 years of college, post office, sailing, and workign alternately as bookbag, toolbag, etc. 

True, but I was hoping to get a custom Suu case, and maybe be able to throw some cash her way.

The other option was to get one of those steel attache cases with a handcuff, just for kicks.

Triple Zero

yeah LMNO I know, but he told me in a PM that he has a whole bunch left over anyway, so maybe not for you, but I bet others would love them!
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

AFK

Quote from: LMNO on December 21, 2009, 05:03:54 PM
Quote from: Triple Zero on December 21, 2009, 04:51:45 PM
tip: i have one that has a hard plate on one side, so you can also use it as to rest it on your knees.

hey and maybe you cuold get Tom (?) to send Suu some of those discordia pirate patches, they would be very cool on those bags!

The hard plate is a good idea. 

Also, I have one of those patches, but I think you know where I stand on the Pirates/Ninjas debate...

You can always make your own hard plate from Lexan and foam, and keep the laptop in a sleeve.

Surplus Israelli paratrooper bags survive very well.  My last one survived 6 years of college, post office, sailing, and workign alternately as bookbag, toolbag, etc. 

True, but I was hoping to get a custom Suu case, and maybe be able to throw some cash her way.

The other option was to get one of those steel attache cases with a handcuff, just for kicks.

I'll make you a custom case and you can send some cash my way.  How do you feel about cardboard and duct tape?  I'll even get LWHN to scribble some kitties and rainbows on it. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Darth Cupcake

Quote from: Triple Zero on December 21, 2009, 05:11:42 PM
yeah LMNO I know, but he told me in a PM that he has a whole bunch left over anyway, so maybe not for you, but I bet others would love them!

I am intrigued and would like to know some details? Who should I be PMing?
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Richter

Suu can almsot certainly be asked to customize one of such bags.  I was endorsing it as good base material to modify.  ("Richter resistant to 5 years.")
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Richter on December 21, 2009, 05:35:09 PM

Suu can almsot certainly be asked to customize one of such bags.  I was endorsing it as good base material to modify.  ("Richter resistant to 5 years.")

IT CAN STAND UP TO A BLIZZARD OF POOP AND STILL SLICE THIS TOMATO.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Darth Cupcake on December 21, 2009, 05:21:41 PM
Quote from: Triple Zero on December 21, 2009, 05:11:42 PM

I am intrigued and would like to know some details? Who should I be PMing?

PopeTom, a friend of LMNO, IIRC.

I happened to get a hold of one of those badges via Bella and then via BAI, the thing traveled over the world :D (and recently found it back, so it survived a fire too!) I just have to think of something to actually paste it onto. maybe my netbook, or my carrier bag.
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

LMNO

Yes, PopeTom.  IRL Boston Spag.  Doesn't hang around here much, or if he does, he lurks.

Has some patches with a golden "K" apple and a couple of sabers.  I have to be honest, they look really cool.

Triple Zero

like this:

I never attached it to the bag btw, I just laid it on top to see how it would look. I'm not really good with needles :)

Darth Cupcake

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 21, 2009, 05:37:35 PM
Quote from: Richter on December 21, 2009, 05:35:09 PM

IT CAN STAND UP TO A BLIZZARD OF POOP AND STILL SLICE THIS TOMATO.
:lulz: AAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!  :lulz:

Chief Uwachiquen

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 21, 2009, 05:37:35 PM

ROGER MAYS HERE. IT CAN STAND UP TO A BLIZZARD OF POOP AND STILL SLICE THIS TOMATO.
\

Apologies about the size and the crappyness of the WOMP but that's the only thing I could think of when I read what roger posted.