News:

Look at the world emptily, and it will gladly return the favor.

Main Menu

Holy Shit!!!!!

Started by Hangshai, December 22, 2009, 09:12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hangshai

All text and pictures uploaded by/to/from this person/account is/are purely fictional and for entertainment purposes only. Or not.

Dimocritus

"Endangered animals just taste better!"
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Pariah

Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!

-Kel-

Payne

hooplala

What's wrong with eating some pussy? 
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Pariah

Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!

hooplala

Besides that, I find it hard to believe China has every single tiger catalogued.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Hangshai

Yeah, shortly after reading this article I read another one that said they(some Chinese zoological agency, or wildlife preserve, or something like that) estimate maybe 40 or so tigers.  The article was a couple years old though. 
All text and pictures uploaded by/to/from this person/account is/are purely fictional and for entertainment purposes only. Or not.

Kai

I think we're fucked.

The tiger story is just a sign of the times.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

NotPublished

In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

Nast

This is why we can't have nice things.

Because we eat them.  :sad:
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Jenne

Quote from: Kai on December 23, 2009, 04:39:09 AM
I think we're fucked.

It worries me too, though there have been some fostering-then-releasing-into-the-wild stories in the US that have been "successful."  I put that in quotes b/c we still dont' know the fallout.

Jenne

Quote from: Nasturtiums on December 23, 2009, 04:41:21 AM
This is why we can't have nice things.

Because we eat them.  :sad:

You know, it actually is what separates places like Afghanistan from the rest of the world.  The education/knowledge that killing the thing kills off an ecosystem and fucks up the rest of the world.  I mean, I'm not talking butterfly's wings effect here per se, but something to that effect.  The story of the one lone lion in Kabul's zoo came to mind.

Of course, one could follow up with that of Kabul's only pig...

Kai

Quote from: Jenne on December 23, 2009, 04:41:36 AM
Quote from: Kai on December 23, 2009, 04:39:09 AM
I think we're fucked.

It worries me too, though there have been some fostering-then-releasing-into-the-wild stories in the US that have been "successful."  I put that in quotes b/c we still dont' know the fallout.

Sure, the species is sucessful, until we marginalize and fragment the habitat till all it has left is a few postage stamps. Then it's not so successful. So much for reintroductions.

The only success story I know well is of the Sandhill Crane. Knowing that a species which was on the brink of extinction just 25 years ago is now so abundant farmers are yelling for hunting seasons due to crop damage warms my heart. Mmmmm. Lets see if they can pull off the same with whooping cranes too.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish