News:

OK fuckers, let me out of here. I farted for you, what more do you want from me? Jesus fuck.

Main Menu

There Has Been An Error!

Started by ~, December 23, 2009, 08:15:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

he probably bought HER a beer.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

maphdet

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 24, 2009, 03:24:35 AM
Quote from: maphdet on December 23, 2009, 10:44:27 PM
I have to agree with RCH, when you enlist in the armed services you are making the decision and know the history of what can and does happen.

Because an 18 year old is assumed to have studied 101 years of military psychology?

No your right, an 18 year old does not have years of military psychology under their belt. But I sure as hell hope they are smart enough to known that having to kill someone or many can defiantly put some form of strain on their shoulders. By 18 yrs old, I'm sure people have seen the horrors of war.

I know when I was in High school and I saw the recruiters I made sure as hell to run the other way.

* wouldn't last a minute in a battle field that I would have to fight with out questioning it*

I wish I was in Tijuana
Eating barbequed iguana-

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: maphdet on December 24, 2009, 03:32:39 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 24, 2009, 03:24:35 AM
Quote from: maphdet on December 23, 2009, 10:44:27 PM
I have to agree with RCH, when you enlist in the armed services you are making the decision and know the history of what can and does happen.

Because an 18 year old is assumed to have studied 101 years of military psychology?

No your right, an 18 year old does not have years of military psychology under their belt. But I sure as hell hope they are smart enough to known that having to kill someone or many can defiantly put some form of strain on their shoulders. By 18 yrs old, I'm sure people have seen the horrors of war.

I know when I was in High school and I saw the recruiters I made sure as hell to run the other way.

* wouldn't last a minute in a battle field that I would have to fight with out questioning it*

I never even considered it when I enlisted.

This is why they recruit 18 year olds instead of 40 year olds.  You're too smart for that shit after 35.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

NOT ONLY DO I NOT GIVE A SHIT WHAT YOUR LIP RING SAYS ABOUT YOUR TASTE IN MUSIC, NEITHER DOES THE MANAGER AT ORANGE JULIUS

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on December 25, 2009, 05:29:30 PM
NOT ONLY DO I NOT GIVE A SHIT WHAT YOUR LIP RING SAYS ABOUT YOUR TASTE IN MUSIC, NEITHER DOES THE MANAGER AT ORANGE JULIUS

The Tucson contingent concurs (except for Nivek).

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 25, 2009, 10:02:51 PM

Nah, despite my affinity for face peircings I still concur with that statement. Mainly on the grounds that my lip rings do not reflect my taste in music.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: NiveKRayne on December 25, 2009, 10:35:40 PM

Nah, despite my affinity for face peircings I still concur with that statement. Mainly on the grounds that my lip rings do not reflect my taste in music.

You still have metal things jammed in your face.   :sad:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 25, 2009, 10:52:42 PM
Quote from: NiveKRayne on December 25, 2009, 10:35:40 PM

You still have metal things jammed in your face.   :sad:

So do I. :(
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Sir Squid Diddimus

The Good Reverend Roger

Freaks.

You should live clean.  Like me.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 26, 2009, 06:08:41 AM
Freaks.

I've had the gold nose-ring for so long I forget what it's like not to. I mean, seriously, what does my face look like without it?

Funny thing is I still have people I've known for years go "OMG IS THAT NEW???"

No, I've had it for 20 years. You just noticed?

Cain

Quote from: BAI on December 23, 2009, 12:49:06 PM
a broken nose?  :lulz: hard cat was hard?

No, the broken nose was a person.  Well, a couple of people.

The cat I owned probably could've broken my nose though, if he wanted.  He was the cat who came back home every night covered in blood, but without a scratch on his body.  The cat who made a doberman across the waiting room from him in the vet's practice whimper and try to hide behind a pot plant.  The cat who bought back live rats and decapitated them in front of us in the kitchen.  He never actually hurt any of us...he just made it clear he could.  You'd have a hand hanging off the edge of the lounge or the bed, and you'd suddenly feel teeth wrapping around a finger.  Never enough to break the skin, but making it clear that this was an option.  Or you'd put a piece of string in front of him, and he'd pounce on your hand.  Or you'd wake up in the morning with him sitting on your chest and staring at your face.  It was like having a minature demon living in the house.

The kitten, by contrast, was just really wriggly and in a hard part of the tree to grab it from.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on December 26, 2009, 08:17:43 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 26, 2009, 06:08:41 AM
Freaks.

I've had the gold nose-ring for so long I forget what it's like not to. I mean, seriously, what does my face look like without it?

Funny thing is I still have people I've known for years go "OMG IS THAT NEW???"

No, I've had it for 20 years. You just noticed?

I've had a spike in my labret for what, 13 years now and people are still "just noticing it". At work even.

The Johnny

Quote from: Cain on December 26, 2009, 02:27:09 PM
The cat I owned probably could've broken my nose though, if he wanted.  He was the cat who came back home every night covered in blood, but without a scratch on his body.  The cat who made a doberman across the waiting room from him in the vet's practice whimper and try to hide behind a pot plant.  The cat who bought back live rats and decapitated them in front of us in the kitchen.  He never actually hurt any of us...he just made it clear he could.  You'd have a hand hanging off the edge of the lounge or the bed, and you'd suddenly feel teeth wrapping around a finger.  Never enough to break the skin, but making it clear that this was an option.  Or you'd put a piece of string in front of him, and he'd pounce on your hand.  Or you'd wake up in the morning with him sitting on your chest and staring at your face.  It was like having a minature demon living in the house.

AWESOME, did you train it? Or was it "good" genes?
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner