News:

Goddammit.  Another truckload of bees.

Main Menu

"Legal highs" now, er illegal

Started by Cain, December 23, 2009, 10:18:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reginald Ret

Try it first, It's Great!!!!!!!!!!pi
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 23, 2009, 07:33:54 PM
Quote from: BabylonHoruv on December 23, 2009, 07:29:03 PM
I think we should start advertising more things as legal highs.  See how many things we can get banned.

Wouldn't take too much, a site selling "legal highs" and some e-mails from concerned parents who's children have messed themselves up.

The interesting part would be coming up with silly things to try to get them to ban.

This was done by Thornely in the 60s.  He and some cohorts spread a rumor that banana peels can get you high, if dried and smoked.  This was to see how many stupid hippies would go for it, and how many states would attempt to legislate the sales of bananas.

Thousands of people still believed banana peels would get you high, all the way into the 90s (probably still do), and at least one state attempted to make it illegal to sell bananas in their peels.  I don't remember, but I'm pretty sure the bill didn't pass.

Oh wow, I didn't know that was the origin of that! Cool. :)
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 23, 2009, 07:58:44 PM
Quote from: Triple Zero on December 23, 2009, 07:55:25 PM
so yeah are there any references that prove it was Thornley?

No, considering I just totally made that part up.
:lulz:

You are awesome.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on December 24, 2009, 12:01:50 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 23, 2009, 07:58:44 PM
Quote from: Triple Zero on December 23, 2009, 07:55:25 PM
so yeah are there any references that prove it was Thornley?

No, considering I just totally made that part up.
:lulz:

You are awesome.

I had an urge to take the piss.  What can I say?   :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Lies

Uh, actually, you *can* get high off banana peels, you guys are all just doing it wrong.

-Lys
Knows the secret recipe to make banana peel psychoactive bananine and is keeping it to himself.
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Lysergic on December 24, 2009, 07:33:26 AM
Uh, actually, you *can* get high off banana peels, you guys are all just doing it wrong.

-Lys
Knows the secret recipe to make banana peel psychoactive bananine and is keeping it to himself.

Hyperventilating because you need to puff like a madman to keep the shit lit doesn't count as being high, damn it.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Triple Zero on December 23, 2009, 12:15:32 PM
yes except

there's two choirs

they are not singing but screaming

and they're both deaf.

Now, THIS is NEWSFEED.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Bruno

Smoking Banana Peels by The Dead Milkmen was, like, my jam for about a year way back in the day (circa 1990).

I was also one of the rubes who tried getting high off of banana peels.  :oops:

Then, ten years later, along came Pedro from eBay. I guess persistence pays off.
Formerly something else...

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

AFK

Quote from: Emo Howard on March 08, 2013, 10:40:08 PM
Smoking Banana Peels by The Dead Milkmen was, like, my jam for about a year way back in the day (circa 1990).

I was also one of the rubes who tried getting high off of banana peels.  :-[

Then, ten years later, along came Pedro from eBay. I guess persistence pays off.

The banana peel thing was bullshit, but the nutmeg thing is true, but raiding and snorting the spice rack isn't going to cut it. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cain

Also, anyone stupid enough to try and get high off nutmeg is getting exactly what they deserve.

Enjoy your cotton-mouth, diarrehea, paranoia and hangover, assholes.

Bruno

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on March 08, 2013, 11:36:21 PM
Quote from: Emo Howard on March 08, 2013, 10:40:08 PM

I was also one of the rubes who tried getting high off of banana peels.  :-[

The banana peel thing was bullshit, but the nutmeg thing is true, but raiding and snorting the spice rack isn't going to cut it.

You gotta eat hella loads of syrian rue with it to make it work, breh. Teh MAOI makes it, like... whoa
Formerly something else...

I_Kicked_Kennedy

One night, months ago, I bought a pound of Bob's Red Mills poppy seeds, shook them with lemon water in a jug for a little bit, strained 'em and drank the sludge.

Part of the reason I did it was because I didn't think it would work (if that makes any sense). Had the nods something fierce, so I started drinking some cider and felt all warm and... Just great. I have considered doing it again several times, but I don't want to be that guy who goes to rehab for shit people put in muffins.
If I had a million dollars, I'd put it all in a sensible mutual fund.

navkat

I_Kicked_Kennedy

Holy shit, that's a thing?

Where's that picture from... Andorra?
If I had a million dollars, I'd put it all in a sensible mutual fund.