News:

Endorsement: "I could go so far as to say they simply use Discordianism as a mechanism for causing havoc, and an excuse for mischief."

Main Menu

"Legal highs" now, er illegal

Started by Cain, December 23, 2009, 10:18:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Triple Zero on December 23, 2009, 05:14:17 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on December 23, 2009, 01:57:02 PM
and that will be the extent of my participation in this thread.  It's the holidays.  I'm going to NOT get involved in this one.

for SCIENCE.

I'm trying to hold it off honest!

I will AGREE WITH EVERYONE!!!

(BAD DISCORDIAN, TRIP, BAD!!)

AND YOU DON'T STOP.

TGRR,
Thinks we need to outlaw SOME drugs, because Dr Rat Bastard doesn't know what's good for him.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Quote from: Triple Zero on December 23, 2009, 12:15:32 PM
yes except

there's two choirs

they are not singing but screaming

and they're both deaf.

:mittens:

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 23, 2009, 04:32:20 PM
Quote from: Doctor Rat Bastard on December 23, 2009, 04:30:42 PM
I for one am glad that the governments know whats best for us all... what would we ever do without their wisdom.

Kill each other in the street, obviously.

And then get fed up with all the killing and form a government to deal with it.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cainad on December 23, 2009, 06:44:54 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 23, 2009, 04:32:20 PM
Quote from: Doctor Rat Bastard on December 23, 2009, 04:30:42 PM
I for one am glad that the governments know whats best for us all... what would we ever do without their wisdom.

Kill each other in the street, obviously.

And then get fed up with all the killing and form a government to deal with it.

And then bitch about the restrictions the government has placed on us.

IT'S TURTLES ALL THE WAY DOWN!
\
:joshua:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cainad (dec.)

:banana:

Monkeys get fed up with their own behavior, make a government to control the monkey behavior, then they decide they don't like it because it gets in the way of their monkey behavior, and so they engage in MONKEY SMASH behavior. Then once they're done playing in the rubble they start hitting each other again, and then some of them are all like, "Hey, this monkey behavior sucks. We should organize an institution to control it."

HOW DID I GET HERE I AM NOT VERY GOOD WITH BIPEDAL STANCE
HOW DO I USE THUMBS??

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cainad on December 23, 2009, 06:50:52 PM
:banana:

Monkeys get fed up with their own behavior, make a government to control the monkey behavior, then they decide they don't like it because it gets in the way of their monkey behavior, and so they engage in MONKEY SMASH behavior. Then once they're done playing in the rubble they start hitting each other again, and then some of them are all like, "Hey, this monkey behavior sucks. We should organize an institution to control it."

HOW DID I GET HERE I AM NOT VERY GOOD WITH BIPEDAL STANCE
HOW DO I USE THUMBS??

HOW DO I FRONTAL LOBES?

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 23, 2009, 05:15:34 PM
and that will be the extent of my participation in this thread.  It's the holidays.  I'm going to NOT get involved in this one.

for SCIENCE.

AND YOU DON'T STOP.

TGRR,
Thinks we need to outlaw SOME drugs, because Dr Rat Bastard doesn't know what's good for him.

:lulz:
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Doctor Rat Bastard on December 23, 2009, 07:00:50 PM

for SCIENCE.

AND YOU DON'T STOP.

TGRR,

You must be protected.

Please go stand by the stairs.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 23, 2009, 07:04:05 PM

for SCIENCE.

AND YOU DON'T STOP.

TGRR,

You must be protected.

But, I might fall down the staircase... shouldn't you make sure I have a helmet and elbow pads and body armor made out of bubble wrap or something? I mean, who knows, maybe I'm not capable of walking on two legs and someone NEEDS to protect me!!!
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Doctor Rat Bastard on December 23, 2009, 07:11:24 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 23, 2009, 07:04:05 PM

for SCIENCE.

AND YOU DON'T STOP.

TGRR,

You must be protected.

But, I might fall down the staircase... shouldn't you make sure I have a helmet and elbow pads and body armor made out of bubble wrap or something? I mean, who knows, maybe I'm not capable of walking on two legs and someone NEEDS to protect me!!!

SHOVING IS THE ANSWER.  PLEASE GO STAND BY THE STAIRS.

BabylonHoruv

I think we should start advertising more things as legal highs.  See how many things we can get banned.

Wouldn't take too much, a site selling "legal highs" and some e-mails from concerned parents who's children have messed themselves up.

The interesting part would be coming up with silly things to try to get them to ban.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on December 23, 2009, 07:29:03 PM
I think we should start advertising more things as legal highs.  See how many things we can get banned.

Wouldn't take too much, a site selling "legal highs" and some e-mails from concerned parents who's children have messed themselves up.

The interesting part would be coming up with silly things to try to get them to ban.
attempt to get one of the staple products of a large company like Kraft or Proctor and Gamle banned...

The Good Reverend Roger

This was done by Thornely in the 60s.  He and some cohorts spread a rumor that banana peels can get you high, if dried and smoked.  This was to see how many stupid hippies would go for it, and how many states would attempt to legislate the sales of bananas.

Thousands of people still believed banana peels would get you high, all the way into the 90s (probably still do), and at least one state attempted to make it illegal to sell bananas in their peels.  I don't remember, but I'm pretty sure the bill didn't pass.

Hangshai

Quote from: Triple Zero on December 23, 2009, 11:56:03 AM

pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease not this discussion again :aww:

judging from your postcount you probably just signed up after the thread died down:
http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=22958.0

if you want, read it and note that pretty much all arguments in favor and against have been made, and consensus was not reached, but a funny pun thread was started instead for a much-neede diversion.

I think maybe this can be said for EVERY thread on this goddamn forum.
All text and pictures uploaded by/to/from this person/account is/are purely fictional and for entertainment purposes only. Or not.

President Television

?
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.