News:

PD.com: Worse than that time when I conjured a handkerchief from that deaf kid's ear.

Main Menu

2009 Requisite Merry Xmas thread....

Started by Dysfunctional Cunt, December 23, 2009, 09:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Christmas was 3 days of visiting family and watching my kid get way too many gifts. My bedroom is now almost completely filled with empty boxes awaiting to be recycled after being used as the most epic fort my boy has ever seen.

I got some very warm clothes, miscellaneous items, gift cards, checks, a serious dent in my pocketbook, some X-mas sex and the beginnings of a gut. 

Dimocritus

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on December 27, 2009, 07:24:05 AM
I got a bunch of clothes, Scribblenauts and the Modern Marvels: Engineering Disaster box set. 

:magick:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the game where you write just about any word down on the screen and it pops into gameplay? If so, how is it? I was thinking about getting it, but I can imagine the mechanics being a little wonky.

As far as gifts, I received my first computer ever  :fap:.

INB4 Welcome to the 90's.
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

The Johnny

<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

the last yatto

looks like my family might actually get a xmas card next year :lulz:
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Telarus

How do they know that the fetuses are heterosexual?
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Jasper

Probably by consulting orishas.  Or perhaps they just guess.

The Johnny

Quote from: Telarus on December 31, 2009, 07:05:37 AM

Because only anally conceived babies are gay.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Nast

Quote from: JohNyx on December 31, 2009, 07:27:35 AM
Quote from: Telarus on December 31, 2009, 07:05:37 AM

Because only anally conceived babies are gay.

:lulz:

Butt babies!
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Cain

What Cain got for Xmas:

A passport cover, with my initials engraved into it.  Unfortunately British, but never mind.
T-shirts
Money
E.H. Carr's The Twenty Year Crisis
Unfinest Hour by Brendan Simms
Voltaire's Bastards by John Ralston Saul
Stanley Hoffman's Chaos and Violence
The Breaking of Nations by Robert Cooper
McMafia by Misha Glenny
The Great Game: On Secret Service in High Asia by Peter Hopkirk
Toiletries from Molton Brown
A bottle of Baileys, because at this time of year, I like to add Baileys to my coffee.

I'm actually pretty easy to buy for.

Suu

What's this about having too many books?
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cain

I couldn't find any of the above as e-books.  Besides, when you have over 30,000, whats a few more?

Freeky

Quote from: Cain on December 31, 2009, 04:31:06 PM
I couldn't find any of the above as e-books.  Besides, when you have over 30,000, whats a few more?

I envy your collection. :argh!:

Cain

Those are all ebooks, I should point out.  Probably more than a few duplicates and duds in there, as well.  But as a rough number, it works. 

All easily obtained too.  I can PM you with a small list of sites, if you want?

Triple Zero

One of my many side projects is building a rough full text search application that scans all the ebooks on my HD and inserts the results in a column automatically right next to my google results. It will take some time before it's finished (if ever) but if I do, I'll be sure to pass it to you, Cain. The basic idea is not to be able to text-search the books themselves, but mainly to get a rough idea of which books in your collection contain subjects similar to whatever you happen to be googling at that moment. Cause yeah there''s no way I'm even going to open all of those books, probably.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Jasper

Holy shit, that is software that I would actually pay for.

Let me know if you ever finish it?