News:

PD.COM:  Mindlessly hitting the refresh button for weeks on end.

Main Menu

A rant : Magic (possibly Spirituality to)

Started by NotPublished, December 24, 2009, 01:29:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 29, 2009, 09:11:59 PM
Quote from: Doctor Rat Bastard on December 29, 2009, 09:09:29 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 29, 2009, 09:04:43 PM
Quote from: Doctor Rat Bastard on December 29, 2009, 08:51:40 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 29, 2009, 08:49:28 PM
Quote from: LMNO on December 29, 2009, 08:47:31 PM
Sadly, you missed the opportunity to help out another board member with their thoughts, in order to stir up shit.

Nice going.

Looking back, that's really all he ever does.

:lulz:

so you say.

EDIT: Cause looking at this thread; a group was having a conversation... you came in to stir shit. Not that I mind, its fun watching you do your thing.

So, voicing an opinion is "stirring shit" and deliberately trolling is "having a conversation".

I see.

Nope,. the conversation that was in full swing before you stopped by with QUANTUMZ one liners wasn't trolling at all... Hell, even the past several pages haven't been trolling, not in any sense of the word. I mean, unless anything short of not responding to you is a troll...

When I said "I'll be happy to entertain them while they're here" I meant that I'd be happy to respond to your posts to maximize the lulz... However, I wasn't trolling, I was mostly hoping you'd get bored so we could go back to the discussion we were having before.

But, see it however you like.

Okay, fuck off now.  I liked you better when you were honest.

Whatever Roger... you can read back through the thread and imagine all of my posts are trolls and yours are somehow valuable contributions.

It's Magic.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

NotPublished

In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: NotPublished on December 29, 2009, 09:20:48 PM
No idea what just happened there

No worries, TGRR and I have lovers quarrels all the time.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Triple Zero

to be honest I kind of liked this bit:

Quote from: singer on December 29, 2009, 05:19:29 PM
The monkeys also retreat to laboratories to beat on hollow logs hoping they will yield some way to reliably make the complexities of the universe go away.  Many of the complexities of the universe DO go away.  Many more complexities are revealed.

because it's true. not for proper scientists of course, but from my days in the university I've seen enough "scientists" behave like that. they do want the universe to "behave", and when it doesn't it annoys them to no end and some tend to look the other way.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

singer

Quote from: Triple Zero on December 29, 2009, 10:41:06 PM

The monkeys also retreat to laboratories to beat on hollow logs hoping they will yield some way to reliably make the complexities of the universe go away.  Many of the complexities of the universe DO go away.  Many more complexities are revealed.

because it's true. not for proper scientists of course, but from my days in the university I've seen enough "scientists" behave like that. they do want the universe to "behave", and when it doesn't it annoys them to no end and some tend to look the other way.
As long as there is grant money riding on the outcome it's pretty hard to be a  proper scientist.  Not that they don't exist.  They just tend not to be on salary.
"Magic" is one of the fundamental properties of "Reality"

Triple Zero

depends on where you are and what you are researching, I guess.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

The Good Reverend Roger

Putting a lab coat on a monkey gets you a monkey in a lab coat.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: singer on December 29, 2009, 10:49:10 PM

As long as there is grant money riding on the outcome it's pretty hard to be a  proper scientist.  Not that they don't exist.  They just tend not to be on salary.

Yes, of course.  Apollo 11 reached the moon on pixie dust.  Silly me.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Kai

Bullshit. I, and the other graduate students in my department with research assistantships, are evidence.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

singer

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 30, 2009, 01:12:30 AM

Of course there are examples to the contrary.  But still,  the discovery that chocolate is natures most perfect food coming from an independent testing lab in Hershey Pennsylvania doesn't really have the smell of  untainted research.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: singer on December 30, 2009, 02:21:50 AM

Of course there are examples to the contrary.  But still,  the discovery that chocolate is natures most perfect food coming from an independent testing lab in Hershey Pennsylvania doesn't really have the smell of  untainted research.

So it is your assertion that most scientists are hopelessly corrupt?

Hangshai

Quote from: Kai on December 30, 2009, 02:15:26 AM

Bullshit. I, and the other graduate students in my department with research assistantships, are evidence.

Yeah, but dont the assistants do ALL the work anyway?
All text and pictures uploaded by/to/from this person/account is/are purely fictional and for entertainment purposes only. Or not.

Captain Utopia

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 30, 2009, 02:23:40 AM
Quote from: singer on December 30, 2009, 02:21:50 AM

So it is your assertion that most scientists are hopelessly corrupt?
It's not a scientific assertion, it's only an anecdotal implication.

Kai

Quote from: Hangshai on December 30, 2009, 02:25:47 AM

Yeah, but dont the assistants do ALL the work anyway?

Research assistantship simply means we get paid to do research. This is as opposed to a teaching assistantship where we get paid to teach.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

singer

But only anecdotal.