News:

Endorsement:  I know that all of you fucking discordians are just a bunch of haters who seem to do anything you can to distance yourself from fucking anarchists which is just fine and dandy sit in your house on your computer and type inane shite all day until your fingers fall off.

Main Menu

A rant : Magic (possibly Spirituality to)

Started by NotPublished, December 24, 2009, 01:29:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

singer

Quote from: Cait M. R. on December 30, 2009, 01:02:26 PM
I just read through this, and I think it's time for a recap:

Rat and singer are trolling each other, the OP and themselves

Roger is trolling them and may in fact kill a motherfucker

Kai is too pissed for trolling and is definitely gonna kill a motherfucker

LMNO is going to kick his own damn ass for not killing motherfuckers earlier on before it became fashionable

Cain is :lulz:ing it up and probably won't kill any motherfuckers right now

Magic is what happens when you drink coffee and notice that your cat died of starvation, then say "HEY MY COFFEE DRINKING KILLED THE CAT"

OR: This entire fucking thread is what happens when people can't agree on something that's retarded to start with and it ends up flying all over the place like some kind of enormous whale-fall except instead of whales it's hideous, worm-coated poop and instead of being in the ocean it's right in the middle of a forum generally reserved for cool stuff, not titanic bouts of parasitic incontinence with pinworms the size of cars (we prefer titanic bouts of flaming incontinence accompanied by giant spheres of pure RAAAAGE) and the OP should be ashamed for starting this awful mess because it's definitely, unarguably HIS FAULT (but only because I don't know the scapegoat of the moment, damn it!) and one day he's going to Wiccan Hell for this, where he will get to listen to witch-hatted tards blathering about the great Cthulhu rising up and eating fucking skittles for the GOOD OF NATURE

ETA: NONE OF YOU ARE GETTING BIRTHDAY PRESENTS

ETA2: FUCK YOU
Really?  That's trolling?  I don't think I understand the difference between 'trolling' and engaging in a conversation/debate.  Unless my exploration of the various emotional reactions to semantics is trolling, (in which case I apologize, I had no intent to 'troll'... whatever that means), I honestly thought I was just engaging in an interesting (if sometimes irreverent) conversation with some interesting and disparate points of view.  I was actually enjoying the conversation, but I didn't intend for my enjoyment to be at anyone's expense.
"Magic" is one of the fundamental properties of "Reality"

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: LMNO on December 30, 2009, 02:17:03 PM
You weren't asserting that science, a self-correcting discipline, was imperfect.  You were asserting that people who call themselves scientists were corrupt.

One of the main problems in this thread is that you don't actually know where you stand; or if you do, you are having difficulty stating it. 

Didn't you read their signature? 

On another note...  this thread is pretty much shot to shit now and we all know the only REAL maghiqkal persons is Cris Angel.  HE WALKED ON WATER.....  He may be jesus......

:|

Cait M. R.

Khara, this thread was an abortion at conception

Magic is useful for nothing more than shitty books and not-so-shitty games

singer

Quote from: LMNO on December 30, 2009, 02:17:03 PM
You weren't asserting that science, a self-correcting discipline, was imperfect.  You were asserting that people who call themselves scientists were corrupt.

One of the main problems in this thread is that you don't actually know where you stand; or if you do, you are having difficulty stating it. 
Actually, I thought that I was asserting that oftentimes new data obviates old conclusions, and that makes clinging to many kinds of  'conclusions' (even those supported by present day knowledge) potentially inaccurate.  Then I posited that the special interest of funding sources (and other authority)  should always be factored in when evaluating the accuracy of the final conclusion.

I will confess though to having my position altered as new information becomes available to me. (Not just in this conversation, it's an overall part of my personality).   If that looks like "I don't know where I stand" I apologize for the confusion.  I don't think that part of my conversational style will change though.  I sort of value the ability to refine any of my opinions when presented with different or new information.

LMNO

Quote from: Khara on December 30, 2009, 02:25:24 PM

I have sigs turned off.  FOR SCIENCE!

Somewhere around here, I've posted something about magic1 and magic2, or some such shit, in order to clarify terms.  Maybe I should look for it.

But honestly, the fact that Rat argued for two pages against something he ended up agreeing with should tell you something.

EDIT: oh yeah, it was here -- http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=21358.msg727843#msg727843

singer

Quote from: Khara on December 30, 2009, 02:25:24 PM

That's actually a reference to the "Prime Mover" of Aristotle's Metaphysics treatise.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: singer on December 30, 2009, 12:14:08 PM
Quote from: Triple Zero on December 30, 2009, 11:03:20 AM
Quote from: singer on December 30, 2009, 03:00:45 AM
Quote from: Kai on December 30, 2009, 02:15:26 AM

Bullshit. I, and the other graduate students in my department with research assistantships, are evidence.
But only anecdotal.

That's not anecdotal, that's first hand experience.

Anecdotal is the story about chocolate research you just spun.

If you can't tell the difference, I think 10 pages ago would have been a real fine moment to quit this thread.
And now we have all heard of a poster on an internet board who claims to be a research assistant.  I believe I understand the characteristics of evidentiary offerings well enough for the purposes of this conversation.  The Hershey chocolate story was not evidence of any kind.  I hoped everyone understood that as well.

just so you know, noob, a few of us on this board have known each other for 5 years or more. Kai's scientific credentials are exactly what he says they are.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: singer on December 30, 2009, 02:27:41 PMI sort of value the ability to refine any of my opinions when presented with different or new information.

here's some new information for you:

"Magic" doesn't exist except in the basements of pimple-faced nerds who still live with their mothers and jerk off to lolicon. Find a less retarded hobby, like voting republican or something.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cait M. R.

Quote from: singer on December 30, 2009, 02:17:54 PM

LMNO is going to kick his own damn ass for not killing motherfuckers earlier on before it became fashionable

Magic is what happens when you drink coffee and notice that your cat died of starvation, then say "HEY MY COFFEE DRINKING KILLED THE CAT"

OR: This entire fucking thread is what happens when people can't agree on something that's retarded to start with and it ends up flying all over the place like some kind of enormous whale-fall except instead of whales it's hideous, worm-coated poop and instead of being in the ocean it's right in the middle of a forum generally reserved for cool stuff, not titanic bouts of parasitic incontinence with pinworms the size of cars (we prefer titanic bouts of flaming incontinence accompanied by giant spheres of pure RAAAAGE) and the OP should be ashamed for starting this awful mess because it's definitely, unarguably HIS FAULT (but only because I don't know the scapegoat of the moment, damn it!) and one day he's going to Wiccan Hell for this, where he will get to listen to witch-hatted tards blathering about the great Cthulhu rising up and eating fucking skittles for the GOOD OF NATURE

Really?  That's trolling?  I don't think I understand the difference between 'trolling' and engaging in a conversation/debate.  Unless my exploration of the various emotional reactions to semantics is trolling, (in which case I apologize, I had no intent to 'troll'... whatever that means), I honestly thought I was just engaging in an interesting (if sometimes irreverent) conversation with some interesting and disparate points of view.  I was actually enjoying the conversation, but I didn't intend for my enjoyment to be at anyone's expense.
Really?  That's debating?  I don't think I understand the difference between 'debating' and engaging in a dick-wagging contest.  Unless your questioning longtime posters, saying hideously stupid shit and changing your tack every three seconds is debating, (in which case I won't apologize, you still were a complete fucking cocktoggle... and you know what that means), I honestly thought I was just observing that you were in a completely uninteresting (and always irreverent) conversation with some uninteresting and retarded points of view.  I was actually enjoying you making an ass of yourself, and I intended for my enjoyment to be at your expense.

Cait M. R.

Cram will appear soon and vomit blood out of his ass

Fixed

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

:lulz:

I fear that the screaming and bulging veins have left many here with a sadly dim view... I have no belief that I can change it or the self-righteous indignation. So I'll bow out of the thread and we'll have the same shit when the topic comes up again.

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Kai

Nevermind, THIS thread has transmuted into bullshit. The other was intended to be so.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Kai

Quote from: Frenulum Pendulum on December 30, 2009, 02:59:45 PM

Bullshit. I, and the other graduate students in my department with research assistantships, are evidence.
But only anecdotal.

If you can't tell the difference, I think 10 pages ago would have been a real fine moment to quit this thread.
And now we have all heard of a poster on an internet board who claims to be a research assistant.  I believe I understand the characteristics of evidentiary offerings well enough for the purposes of this conversation.  The Hershey chocolate story was not evidence of any kind.  I hoped everyone understood that as well.

just so you know, noob, a few of us on this board have known each other for 5 years or more. Kai's scientific credentials are exactly what he says they are.

Troof. And if I wasn't concerned with anonymity, I would provide a link to the web page for my department. Alas, the world is full of assholes, and whatnot.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

singer

But only anecdotal.

Just so you know, I have been aware of Kai's scientific career for several years as well. I have been pretty impressed with Kai's education and opinions in the past and I expect I will continue to be so.   I did not (and do not) question his credibility.  However this was not a comment about his credibility.  It was a comment about the factual circumstance of an utterance offered as evidence and how that reflects upon it's indicia of reliability.  Change the factual circumstance, say for example on a witness stand under oath in a courtroom, then his testimony becomes evidence with a greater indicia of reliability.   It was in response to a suggestion that I don't know what "evidence" is.   It was not a character assassination.  I object to your trying to paint it as such.

Cait M. R.

Quote from: singer on December 30, 2009, 03:53:22 PM

But only anecdotal.

Just so you know, I have been aware of Kai's scientific career for several years as well. I have been pretty impressed with Kai's education and opinions in the past and I expect I will continue to be so.   I did not (and do not) question his credibility.  However this was not a comment about his credibility.  It was a comment about the factual circumstance of an utterance offered as evidence and how that reflects upon it's indicia of reliability.  Change the factual circumstance, say for example on a witness stand under oath in a courtroom, then his testimony becomes evidence with a greater indicia of reliability.   It was in response to a suggestion that I don't know what "evidence" is.   It was not a character assassination.  I object to your trying to paint it as such.

It read like one.