News:

I know you said that you wouldn't tolerate excuses, but I have a real good one.

Main Menu

Hardcover

Started by Hangshai, December 24, 2009, 06:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

NotPublished

Holy crap, imagine the mini-vacation you could take if you funded it with your Principia Discordia
In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: NotPublished on December 30, 2009, 11:37:17 PM
Holy crap, imagine the mini-vacation you could take if you funded it with your Principia Discordia

Or, even, think of the bills I could pay off and the home improvements I could make...

Here's a thought. What if we ALL list our hardcover copies in various places for something insane, like $20k. Then if we sell them, we give Syn enough money to have them reprinted!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Kai

Quote from: Pariah? on December 26, 2009, 06:09:30 PM
Maybe I overreacted. There's something that just seems so intensely wrong about wasting $250 on a hardcover of any book let alone the PD

No, there really isn't anything wrong with it.

A) Sometimes books are expensive. That doesn't mean they are a rip off. I spent over 600 dollars on a two volume set of Stehr's Immature Insects, and it was well worth the money.

B) Good Americans consume. And you're a good little American, aren't you?
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

We should ALL put it up for sale for 23k and see if we can create a tizzy in the bookseller world.

Jasper

I'll be the dick and ask the question.

As a piece of work, is the PD really worth that much?  I paid ten bucks for a copy when I was a kid, and it was stolen from me as is the proper means of PD acquisition.  Maybe I'm just too concerned with the old ways, but I like the old ways.

E.O.T.

Quote from: Felix on December 31, 2009, 08:48:20 AM

As a piece of work, is the PD really worth that much?  I paid ten bucks for a copy when I was a kid, and it was stolen from me as is the proper means of PD acquisition.  Maybe I'm just too concerned with the old ways, but I like the old ways.

EITHER:

Obama redefined the meaning of the word CHANGE. TRICKY DICK answered the question.

OR:

I prefer the old gods. It'll cost yer eye. Or a hand if you trust the wolf.
"a good fight justifies any cause"

Cait M. R.

Quote from: E.O.T. on December 31, 2009, 09:27:53 AM
Quote from: Felix on December 31, 2009, 08:48:20 AM

EITHER:

Obama redefined the meaning of the word CHANGE. And TRICKY DICK answered the question.

OR:

I prefer the old gods. It'll cost yer eye. Or a hand if you trust the wolf.

:|

Subtract Eight!

just walk into a hotel room for a free bible
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   I\'ve subracted eight from tons of things.<br /><br />CANNA NUCCA GET A NAME CHANGE HURRR

Triple Zero

Good thing to know about the maximum, that way if I put mine on Amazon for $2300 and for some idiotic reason in the Strange Times this takes off I dont have to wonder if I should have asked more :D

Still I wouldnt want to sell it, OTOH for $2300 WHY THE FUCK NOT

would be good to know if Syn is gonna reprint them somehow? anyone got the details about what the publisher screwed him with? I heard about it somewhat, but I did not quite understand what happened...
He took the PD which is public domain, then AWESOMIFIED it by 6x1023 using more public domain things and commissioned work, and published it to hardcover, yes?
And then the publisher somehow grabbed the copyright and ran off? What does that mean? They can reprint new editions without Syn catching a dime for it? or? Anyone know the details? Cause if they did that I would like to declare mega-righteous HY PER JI HAD MO THER FU CKRZ in their collective as-of-yet virgin but soon-to-be infected and deflowered EARS.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

As far as I know the publisher folded.

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Bu🤠ns

I love Nigels idea...although since it IS in public domain, how difficult would it be to do another?  Why not make it a group effort to minimize cost? Throw some bucks Syn's way out of respect and give a big old FUCK YOU to the previous publisher in maybe say an introduction/cartoon?  :evil:

the last yatto

cant you use the lack of payment as grounds for trying to get back the copyright?
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

the last yatto

Discordia (Hardcover) ~ Dena K. Salmon
ISBN-13: 978-1423111092 

found it in The Eleventh Dimension :lulz:
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit