News:

Urgh, this is what I hate about PD.com, it is the only site in existence where a perfectly good spam thread can be misused for high quality discussions.  I hate you all.

Main Menu

Magniwork generator

Started by Hangshai, December 26, 2009, 07:29:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hangshai

So, I dont know if anyone has heard of the zero-point energy generator or whatever its called.  Its some magnetic generator that is "SUPPOSED" (big quotes) to generate more energy than it needs to run itself, providing free energy or whatever.  Anyway, its called Magniwork, and I have the pdf, its right here...

http://rapidshare.de/files/48898391/lycotree.pdf.html

Someone mentioned that they were an engineer somewhere, I tried to find the post so I could just emai the link, but then I thought there are probably more people who may be interested.  I would just like someone with some knowledge of electrical systems to give it a look and tell me if its bullshit.  Sounds like bullshit, but, you never know, I guess...
All text and pictures uploaded by/to/from this person/account is/are purely fictional and for entertainment purposes only. Or not.

Triple Zero

Ah yeah that thing, it would totally revolutionize human technology and culture as well as solve all our energy problems for the generations to come. Unfortunately the project is being silenced by the radical arm of the eco-lobby as they just made a deal with the manufacturers of fairy-powered reactors.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Template

1. High Weirdness board.
2. Can't read it right now, but I presume it assumes you can get energy from permanent magnets without consuming them.
Oh, permanent-magnet motors, where were we before people started believing in you?
3. I think zero-point energy is just used as a buzzword, if it's just a permanent magnet motor.

Fairy-powered engines. :x

Hangshai

Thats what this thing is.  And with my VERY limited knowledge of these things, it seems it just uses magnets to spin the generator around.  You just need a spark to turn it over, and you're golden.  So, it would work, then?
All text and pictures uploaded by/to/from this person/account is/are purely fictional and for entertainment purposes only. Or not.

Template

Permanent magnet motors end up either being god bearings or good brakes. They don't work for the purpose their designers expect them to.

Reginald Ret

magnetism = cool and weird and may someday give us awesomest tech
this = perpetual motion machine
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Hangshai

So I guess solar panels and batteries are still the closest you can get to free electricity.  That technology seems to be getting a little cheaper at least, and more efficient.

Bu🤠ns

Also, I read somewhere that zero-point energy was impossible because it was the lowest point and so there would be no energy to use.  Otherwise violate the laws of thermodynamics or something.

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: yhnmzw on December 27, 2009, 04:10:43 AM
Permanent magnet motors end up either being god bearings or good brakes. They don't work for the purpose their designers expect them to.
TITCM. Magnet motors are interesting but you can't do anything with them other than looking cool. As soon as you try to do any work with them friction/heat brings the thing to a grinding halt. There's no such thing as a free lunch (except for solar power and that still sucks).
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Hangshai

I think the technology is available to wire up your house with solar panels though, right?  I've heard they can generate enough electricity to make your meter run backwards at some points.  You would probably need batteries to store the electricity generated form the panels, and Im still thinking it would be in the neighborhood of about 10 grand or more, for a 2-3 bedroom house.

Template

I seem to have heard closer to twenty or thirty thousand dollars.
Also, you don't need batteries if you're staying on the grid, i.e., YOU HAVE A METER.  You just sell your extra energy to the power company...

Elder Iptuous

Protip:
Home Power Magazine.

for practical up to date info on all your home power generation questions.  Solar, hydro, geothermal, etc.

LMNO

"Zero point" generators are crap.  EOT.

Kai

If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

LMNO

What I gather from the technobabble is that it's magnet/flywheel based, with the magnets pulsing on/off.

Basically,

Battery -> Variable Magnet -> Flywheel -> Battery.

The theory is that since the magnet only pulses half the time, and the flywheel is always turning, then it is creating more energy than it is losing.

But that's not the case.  Conservation of Energy wins.

IIR, Mythbusters kicked this one in the balls.