News:

Urgh, this is what I hate about PD.com, it is the only site in existence where a perfectly good spam thread can be misused for high quality discussions.  I hate you all.

Main Menu

Parable : the Shoeless Girl

Started by NotPublished, December 27, 2009, 01:00:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NotPublished

The Almighty Shoe, she is the Goddess who smiled at you on your first steps, the Goddess who will plunge deep into the shit when you don't want to, she will take your abuse and will keep you solid. She will do it all for your sins because she loves you.

But some shirk her needlessly.

She was wild, she was crazy, but ultimately she was free. She ran around on her bare feet, renouncing her old ways "I AM NO LONGER A SLAVE TO SHOES", as she giggled and farted her way around town.

Everyone looked at her in disgust, eyeing from ankle to toe "Where are your shoes young Lady?", "Your feet are as black as my cat" .. Everyone was just plain insulting! This was the price of freedom.

Her, with her wild eyes, her bubonic feet stared and shouted at the top of her lungs "FNORD!", she filled up her backpack with water - as everyone stared at her in deep seeded disgust, no one understood what she was trying to do. The water was gushing out of her bag as soon as she put it in.

She noticed a young couple who were smiling at her, as they carefully strolled up to her "Are you ok?"

She snapped. "Take the water!" and she threw her backpack filled with water at them and ran off in lunacy.

She ran and ran and ran, oblivious to her chaffing thighs.

She paraded the streets for countless days and nights, her bare feet blistering on the harsh mother nature.

Eventually she gave in, she missed the Goddess. She missed the whole scene. Slowly she went to reach for her old Prada's but ARGH - she threw them at that couple!

So, she decided to go home and take out a new pair. She prayed to the mother goddess and reached deep beneath her bed. She missed them so badly, but didn't wear them cause she didn't understand the style at the time.

She wore her chucks.

She went back into town, and everybody cheered her on. Oblivious to her being the wild eyed freak. But she knew deep inside, she found a new Goddess. "Praise the Almighty Shoe in all of its forms and unforms"
In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

The Johnny

Shoes seem to be a good methapor for culture, which gives protection in a sense, but gives restrictions in another sense.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

NotPublished

The Johnny

The Prada shoes vs. the Chucks entails something too, but i dont know.

Perhaps thats more of an anti-burguoise symbolism, or a refusal to grow up. Or an idealization of counter-culture.

Im not sure.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

NotPublished

I find it interesting the meanings that people can draw; by looking on your own life experience and trying to look into the Authors own life to, I started out with no-intent like this what-so-ever.
My creative process involved talking to a friend, she mentioned she was dancing shoeless, and I just randomly came up with this. I started preaching to her to 'love the shoe as the shoe loves you' ...

I'll post an interpretation of my own
-----------
My original intent was to express 'You may think you are free but you never really are', going against the whole thing is just a wasted effort, unless you want to live a complete Dada life.

Prada's are considered a luxury shoe and symbolises achievement .. Chucks, I had no reason but only because I like them (They are just casually the sex) - but I thought it fit in nicely; in a moment of her rebelion she threw away her status because she was sick of being a slave - everyone looked at her funny and didn't understand what she was trying to achieve; it looked like a futile attempt.

After going against the whole system, it eventually began to wear down on her spirit; and out of desperation she tried to draw on her old status and she already lost it in her moment of rebelion.

Out of sheer hope, she prayed to the goddess - hoping she'll be able to get what she came for, and she found her old Shoes; the chucks. She was going back to her roots, because she understands the meaning behind it now. She just had a lack of understanding.
------

Hey thats kind of fun!

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

This is good... may I steal it for the Public Domain play I'm writing?
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

NotPublished

Sure, as long as I get to see the final result :D

Ocalee

this really makes one think and I like it.
I could really relate to it cause I go barefoot alot.  One day this past summer I went to pay the car insurance and I was shoeless....it caused quite a stir in the office  :mrgreen: