News:

Testimonial: "It's just honestly sad that a place like this exists"

Main Menu

Surrounded by Food Tubes.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, December 28, 2009, 04:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Kai on December 29, 2009, 05:14:43 AM
I find it the opposite, Roger, I really like bars for that very reason. Alcohol is such a wonderful liquid, try telling someone it's the metabolic waste product of a microorganism sometime, YEAST SHIT. Of course they'll stare blankly.

I love this thought; it's one I dwell on every time I take a drink. It seems almost like poetic justice, that the end result of millions of organisms drowning in their own shit is what we take to forget that it's a reflection of our own species.

The Good Reverend Roger

Once in a while you'll see the one I mean, he'll stomp in and saunter over to the bar, raging, and talking about how the spiders are everywhere, and there is no escape. And then he'll down a whole bottle of whiskey, and laugh, the sort that only /sounds/ like screaming. That one, he gets it. That one, he knows your doom.

Whiskey is just another tool of the spider.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Kai

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 29, 2009, 03:58:23 PM
Once in a while you'll see the one I mean, he'll stomp in and saunter over to the bar, raging, and talking about how the spiders are everywhere, and there is no escape. And then he'll down a whole bottle of whiskey, and laugh, the sort that only /sounds/ like screaming. That one, he gets it. That one, he knows your doom.

Whiskey is just another tool of the spider.

Indeed.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish