News:

Christians *have* to sin.
If they don't, it's like Christ died for nothing.

Main Menu

world really does end in 2012

Started by the last yatto, December 18, 2010, 11:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the last yatto

Due to budget cuts, Washington State has canceled its next Presidential primary  :lulz:
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

the last yatto

http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/spincontrol/2010/dec/15/gregoire-budget-would-dump-presidential-primary-2012/ :fnord:

The state estimates it would save about $10 million by scrapping the primary, which was mandated by voters in a 1989 initiative but has met with limited acceptance from the state's two major political parties.

Democrats essentially ignore the results of the primary, choosing all of convention delegates through the precinct caucus through state convention system. Republicans have used varying formulas to award at least part of their delegates from the results of the primary and the rest from the caucuses. In 2008, the split was about half and half.
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Precious Moments Zalgo

They could probably cancel the NC presidential primary also.  Our primary is so late that it doesn't matter anyway.  I can't remember the last time the presidential candidates for both parties weren't already set before we get to vote.
I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

When they were collecting signatures for the open primary measure here, I would always decline to sign by saying "Oh, no thank you, I don't believe in primaries".
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cramulus

why don't you believe in primaries?

the last yatto

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on December 21, 2010, 09:29:26 AM
When they were collecting signatures for the open primary measure here, I would always decline to sign by saying "Oh, no thank you, I don't believe in primaries".

I've told pollsters that I don't believe in the existence of the government.  They leave me alone, and quickly.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Adios

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 21, 2010, 06:48:10 PM

I've told pollsters that I don't believe in the existence of the government.  They leave me alone, and quickly.

Yoink.

Nephew Twiddleton

I think that all primaries and caucuses should be held in every state on the same night. Not only does it prevent states like New Hampshire influencing who will be our presidential candidates, but the idea of the uncertainty is kinda fun. It's like an election night pregame.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cramulus on December 21, 2010, 12:36:54 PM
why don't you believe in primaries?

I don't have a problem with primaries. I just like to say things that fuck with political activists.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 21, 2010, 06:48:10 PM

I like this. STRATEGY CHANGE!

the last yatto