News:

PD.com: We're like the bugs in the Starship Troopers movie: infinite, unceasing, unstoppable....and our leader looks like a huge vagina

Main Menu

Stuff I need to read.

Started by The Wizard, January 02, 2010, 07:10:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

The Very Secret Diary of Adolf Hitler (aged 14 1/2)

Cramulus

LMNO

Oh, and Godel Escher Bach, too.

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cramulus

I just realized that this thread is about suggesting what to read, not listing stuff which I personally still need to read.

Put near the top of your list: The Invisibles by Grant Morrison.

Triple Zero

Nooonononononono, read TRANSMETROPOLITAN first! It's shorter, WAY more funny and the main character is a futuristic crossover of Roger and HST.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Triple Zero on January 04, 2010, 07:38:21 PM
Nooonononononono, read TRANSMETROPOLITAN first! It's shorter, WAY more funny and the main character is a futuristic crossover of Roger and HST.

:lulz:

Also, Fell: Feral City.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Wizard

QuotePut near the top of your list: The Invisibles by Grant Morrison.

Currently reading along with Transmetropolitan. Fell, I'll look into. I've gotten a couple ebooks for some of this stuff, so that will help.
Insanity we trust.

Soylent Green

Quote from: Cain on January 02, 2010, 10:52:18 PM
I've heard Python is really good for a beginner as well.

Real men start with C++ or Assembly.

Dive headfirst into the pool of confusion!