News:

if the thee off of you are revel in the fact you ds a discordant suck it's dick and praise it's agenda? guess what bit-chit's not. hat I in fact . do you really think it'd theshare about shit, hen you should indeed tare-take if the frontage that you're into. do you really think it's the hardcore shite of the left thy t? you're little f/cking girls parackind abbot in tituts. FUCK YOU. you're latecomers, and you 're folks who don't f/cking get it. plez challenge me.

Main Menu

Idea for a TV show

Started by Cain, January 04, 2010, 04:30:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Johnny

I dont know the connection, but something can be worked in as a sidetrack story to the adventures of Bella.

Lumberjack werewolves that fight organized crime vampires?
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Cain

Yeah, they're troperiffic, but Tropes Are Not Bad so thats alright.  Most of them would actually fit really well.

Except the monster.  I humbly suggest that get transplanted to Fork, WA, where it can eat all the sparkly vampires it can find.

Freeky

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: phi on January 07, 2010, 10:32:30 PM
Needs more forbidden love to make it crappy enough to  be on TV. Perhaps a Lumberjack falls in love with a Hippie?

west coast lumberjacks and hippies actually get along pretty well.  (at least in my experience) 

I like the idea, Vancouver is a great setting.  Also some great possibilities in the islands in Puget sound, people have been smuggling drugs through there for generations.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: v=1/3πr²h on January 10, 2010, 04:56:15 AM
Where the hell is Forks, WA?

It's really boring, and it rains a LOT.  I think the stupid sparkley vampire lady researched her setting about as well as she did her vampires.

-Dok Howl

East Coast Hustle

I say we should make this show, but as a "documentary".
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cain

Well, that idea also occured, I wont deny.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: maphdet on January 04, 2010, 05:13:43 PM
I think if you added a geek/computer type of character it would appease just about everyone.

No, sorry. Pet peeve: computer geek characters written by people who are not computer geeks. The easiest way to lose the geeky segment of the audience is to add a computer geek character (particularly if his or her existence doesn't make any sense), since inevitably the plot will call for that character to do something that the screenwriter doesn't know how to actually do, and the character will then 'explain' it with bullshit. Solutions: geeky character explains nothing (or gives very vague explanations, or lampshades with "if I told you I'd be out of a job", or something). Alternately, geeky character is a cute perky goth girl -- nobody minds characters like that, regardless of how little sense they make.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Chairman Risus

Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on January 21, 2010, 03:35:22 PM
I think if you added a geek/computer type of character it would appease just about everyone.

No, sorry. Pet peeve: computer geek characters written by people who are not computer geeks. The easiest way to lose the geeky segment of the audience is to add a computer geek character (particularly if his or her existence doesn't make any sense), since inevitably the plot will call for that character to do something that the screenwriter doesn't know how to actually do, and the character will then 'explain' it with bullshit. Solutions: geeky character explains nothing (or gives very vague explanations, or lampshades with "if I told you I'd be out of a job", or something). Alternately, geeky character is a cute perky goth girl -- nobody minds characters like that, regardless of how little sense they make.

I hate characters like that.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I guess I should rephrase. People usually prefer the perky goth girl making technobabble nonsequitors to some arbitrary male character making technobabble nonsequitors. Then again, you could go totally over the top and against any semblance of reality, and end up with Hackers, in which case geeks might watch it just to laugh at how badly the geek character was written.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Chairman Risus

Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on January 21, 2010, 07:39:35 PM
I guess I should rephrase. People usually prefer the perky goth girl making technobabble nonsequitors to some arbitrary male character making technobabble nonsequitors. Then again, you could go totally over the top and against any semblance of reality, and end up with Hackers, in which case geeks might watch it just to laugh at how badly the geek character was written.

I prefer the anti-social, misanthropist lab guy in csi over perky, geeky fan service goth girl in ncis.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: Risus on January 21, 2010, 08:32:59 PM
Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on January 21, 2010, 07:39:35 PM

I prefer the anti-social, misanthropist lab guy in csi over perky, geeky fan service goth girl in ncis.

Point taken. Actually, the best fit might be taking the character of Hodges from Bones and replacing 'organic sludge' with 'cryptoanalysis' and 'bugs' with 'suid exploits'.

BabylonHoruv

Just means the writers need to do their homework.  It's not that hard to hire a real geek as a technical consultant to make sure the details are right.

-Dok Howl

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on January 21, 2010, 11:27:08 PM

Just means the writers need to do their homework.  It's not that hard to hire a real geek as a technical consultant to make sure the details are right.

Hire = money

Why spend it when the majority of your audience won't know the damn difference anyway?

President Television

I think we're all overlooking the obvious question of how a computer geek would come into play in any semiplausible plotline based on drug-dealing lumberjacks and gangsters. Would said geek work for the government or what?
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.