News:

Mr Rogers is above all that nonsense.

Main Menu

ITT: Goons give us feedback

Started by Cain, June 22, 2009, 08:04:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: helopticor on June 25, 2009, 04:18:12 PM
Cain, you did all of that copying and pasting and you actually got my name right. I can never understand why so few people can spell a simple word like heliopticor.

:lulz: I don't understand it either.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Shibboleet The Annihilator

They have silly and hilarious memes too.

Requia ☣

This

Quote from: Cainad on June 24, 2009, 06:16:36 PM
QuoteTaoism in a clown costume.

I like it because it's easy to misconstrue it as meaning "it's just Daoism in different words," which, as LMNO said, is not the case. The clown costume is an integral part of it. Sort of like the original versions of the Joker: you can't take the clown makeup off, because that's how he actually looks.
and this
Quote from: LMNO on June 23, 2009, 01:08:03 PM
It's funny, but I don't quite agree.  Naturally.

Since we began the Chao Te Ching project, I've had to re-examine what Lao Tzu was saying a lot more closely; and while some of it fits, it does so in the way just about every other introspective philosophy/religion fits into Discordia: Half way.  You just can't make a one-to-one comparison between Eris and Tao by swapping "Chaos" for "The Way" and "Order/Disorder" for "Yin/Yang".  Trust me, it was one of the first things I tried.

But, because it's funny, "Taoism in a clown costume" will most likely stick and continue giving people the wrong impression.

seem to make the beginning of a very good introduction.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Cainad (dec.)

Because of the order in which you quoted those, I read it as if LMNO were disagreeing with my statement, but then I checked the date stamps.

An introduction to what?

LMNO

Presumably, to the Chao te Ching.