News:

You know what I always say? "Always kill the mouthy one", that's what I always say.

Main Menu

Hookers for Jesus

Started by Lord Quantum, January 05, 2010, 10:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: JohNyx on January 06, 2010, 03:13:42 AM

Quote from: 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (New International Version)19 Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;
20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.

How can you argue with that? Women are weaker and not as smart as men, how else can they efficiently honor God's word? I think her approach is innovative.

If only you would harness this power for evil, you would be the best troll ever.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (New International Version)19 Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;

How can you argue with that? Women are weaker and not as smart as men, how else can they efficiently honor God's word? I think her approach is innovative.

It's not so much that they are weaker, than their naivete born of purity leads them unto temptation more easily.  this is why they must be protected from themselves.  It would be insulting to refer to their inherent ignorance as lack of intelligence, although the distinction is subtle...

Lord Quantum

Quote from: Brotep on January 06, 2010, 01:21:09 AM
Quote from: Lord Quantum on January 06, 2010, 12:51:30 AM
...she didn't want to be mistaken for the kind of person that turns Jesus into the Pimp of All Pimps

SHIKSE SAY WUT?
_____\

Now if we could just get someone to photoshop that onto Annie we'd have a "Jesus is My Pimp" shirt.
Quote from: Cain on March 28, 2010, 09:44:45 PM
Fuck it.  I'm going to get ordained as a Catholic priest and start robbing banks and mugging people.  I mean, apparently, you can be excused any crime if you're in with the Big V.

Quote from: Requia ☣ on September 28, 2008, 02:09:45 AM

Lets try it on an even simpler level:

1) There is a minimum energy/mass things can have, everything can be measured in a multiple of this minimum.

2) Objects at this size, or close to it, don't have an exact position or velocity, so they look like waves in most experiments.

3) If you try to measure the location, they act more like particles, just to fuck with you, but the velocity gets more uncertain, also just to fuck with you.

Conclusion: God hates physicists.

GASMs - PosterGASM (Calvinball edition), AbbyGASM

Pirate Pass Off Scorecard (5)

The Johnny

Quote from: Iptuous on January 06, 2010, 01:29:26 PM

It's not so much that they are weaker, than their naivete born of purity leads them unto temptation more easily.  this is why they must be protected from themselves.  It would be insulting to refer to their inherent ignorance as lack of intelligence, although the distinction is subtle...

Eve herself tempted Adam; but that was because the snake seduced her with arrogance and the desire to be as God, or was it due to her ignorance? I think it was more of a lack of faith in God's word.

But i still think that with the attributes of women (seduction, beauty), they can put it to good use; instead of making people stray, to help them find the Lord.

Although you are right, there should be some men directing the endevour.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

The Johnny

You know what, evil has misguided my thoughts.

Women should stay at the home taking care of their children and household, not preaching the Lord's Word to the heretics; that's a man's job, for only they possesses the clarity.

Praised be!

Quote from: Genesis 1:27So God created man in his own image,
in the image of God he created him
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Cain

Quote from: Iptuous on January 06, 2010, 01:12:53 AM
I wonder if a guy that looks like the stereotypical Jesus image approached her, whether she would be aroused...
old habits, mixing job signals, etc.

Quite a few "religious experiences" documented by nuns have a not very subtle undertone of sexual intimacy, as it happens.

LMNO

I have to say, that picture of a woman impaled by a giant fish hook was fairly un-subtle.

The Johnny

Quote from: Cain on January 06, 2010, 02:49:05 PM
I wonder if a guy that looks like the stereotypical Jesus image approached her, whether she would be aroused...

Quite a few "religious experiences" documented by nuns have a not very subtle undertone of sexual intimacy, as it happens.

Ascetism and sublimation only can go so far, before you enter a nice schizophrenic erotic fit.

Quote from:  Le Goff, Jacques "Une histoire du corps au Moyen Age", p.64Jean de Fécamp que escribe en su "Oración por la gracia de las lágrimas": "Dulce Cristo, buen Jesus, asi como yo te deseo, asi como yo te ruego con todo mi espíritu, dame tu amor santo y casto, que me llene, me sostenga, me posea por entero. Y dame el signo evidente de tu amor, la fuente abundante de lagrimas que chorrean continuamente, de modo que estas mismas lagrimas probaran tu amor por mi"

"Sweet Christ, good jesus, just as i desire you, just as a i plead with all my spirit, give me your holy and chaste love, that it should fill me, hold me, possess me entirely. And give me the sign of your evident love, the abundant fountain of tears that drip continously, in a manner that these same tears prove your love for me" -Jean de Fécamp

And dont forget about the little bitch crying that http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_IX_of_France did.

-B.F. Skinner

Brotep

Quote from: Cain on January 06, 2010, 02:49:05 PM

Oh, yes.  I believe there was a phrase rolling around the 12th century France monasteries among other places, something about being "impregnated by Christ".

Lord Quantum

Quote from: LMNO on January 06, 2010, 02:52:28 PM
I have to say, that picture of a woman impaled by a giant fish hook was fairly un-subtle.

That was practically a master class in innuendo compared to the following. This by the way is the cover
of one of their instructional booklets.

Fuck it.  I'm going to get ordained as a Catholic priest and start robbing banks and mugging people.  I mean, apparently, you can be excused any crime if you're in with the Big V.

1) There is a minimum energy/mass things can have, everything can be measured in a multiple of this minimum.

2) Objects at this size, or close to it, don't have an exact position or velocity, so they look like waves in most experiments.

3) If you try to measure the location, they act more like particles, just to fuck with you, but the velocity gets more uncertain, also just to fuck with you.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I figure that they should bring back temple prostitution. It worked for the Babylonians (I mean, until the Hebrews unloaded all their syphilitic women onto them as 'war prisoners').

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Lord Quantum

The Children of God did practice temple prostitution. It's just that the Temple was a church and the church made house calls. As for everyone else, there's still the whole "prostitution is illegal" thing to contend with. But then again, freedom of religion means that it's ok as long as you do it in a church, right? At least that's the way the Catholics tell the story...

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on January 07, 2010, 04:21:34 PM
I figure that they should bring back temple prostitution. It worked for the Babylonians (I mean, until the Hebrews unloaded all their syphilitic women onto them as 'war prisoners').

Syphilis didn't exist in the Old World until after white people started sexing Native Americans. Please to revise your account of history.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: Cainad on January 07, 2010, 05:58:25 PM

Syphilis didn't exist in the Old World until after white people started sexing Native Americans. Please to revise your account of history.

Maybe it was some other STD. It's one of the few instances of biological warfare recorded both in the bible and in historical documents.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on January 07, 2010, 07:07:01 PM
Quote from: Cainad on January 07, 2010, 05:58:25 PM

Maybe it was some other STD. It's one of the few instances of biological warfare recorded both in the bible and in historical documents.

Yeah?

Link?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.