News:

PD.com: You're safer in New Bedford.

Main Menu

Hookers for Jesus

Started by Lord Quantum, January 05, 2010, 10:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Better yet, a relevant Old Testament passage?

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I'm on a kiosk at the moment, but I will find the relevant passage when I get home.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on January 07, 2010, 08:08:55 PM
I'm on a kiosk at the moment, but I will find the relevant passage when I get home.

I'm more interested in the historical verification.

TGRR,
Will be awaiting this with great interest.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Haven't you heard?  The Old Testament is an Accurate Historical Document©!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on January 07, 2010, 08:37:48 PM
Haven't you heard?  The Old Testament is an Accurate Historical Document©!

HAR!

No, he specifically stated that there was outside verification.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Babylonian documents aren't much better, unfortunately. The king list has several people whose reign is over 300 years long.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on January 07, 2010, 08:50:10 PM
Babylonian documents aren't much better, unfortunately. The king list has several people whose reign is over 300 years long.

You said "historical", not "mythological".

Lord Quantum

The list you're referring to is the Sumerian king's list. There is no "Babylonian Kings List".
Quote from: Cain on March 28, 2010, 09:44:45 PM
Fuck it.  I'm going to get ordained as a Catholic priest and start robbing banks and mugging people.  I mean, apparently, you can be excused any crime if you're in with the Big V.

Quote from: Requia ☣ on September 28, 2008, 02:09:45 AM

Lets try it on an even simpler level:

1) There is a minimum energy/mass things can have, everything can be measured in a multiple of this minimum.

2) Objects at this size, or close to it, don't have an exact position or velocity, so they look like waves in most experiments.

3) If you try to measure the location, they act more like particles, just to fuck with you, but the velocity gets more uncertain, also just to fuck with you.

Conclusion: God hates physicists.

GASMs - PosterGASM (Calvinball edition), AbbyGASM

Pirate Pass Off Scorecard (5)

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: Lord Quantum on January 09, 2010, 01:39:52 AM

The list you're referring to is the Sumerian king's list. There is no "Babylonian Kings List".

Hey now, being pedantic is MY job.

And yes, it's the Sumerian king's list. Then, Sargon (with the help of generations of Akkadian moles in the highest reaching places in the Sumerian priesthood) took over the whole place and it became the Akkadian empire. Then, Sargon II (no relation) took over some other shit, built Babylon, and dubbed the whole place the Babylonian empire. That doesn't mean that anywhere along the way their bookkeeping became significantly more accurate for things they weren't selling. Mind you, their bookkeeping was excellent for stuff they WERE selling, because they were totally ahead of the curve from inventing writing and mathematics for that purpose back around 4000 BC.

Lord Quantum

Akkadian moles in the highest reaching places in the Sumerian priesthood)

Moles in the priesthood? Why don't we have any of those? We need to infiltrate the Catholic church.
Fuck it.  I'm going to get ordained as a Catholic priest and start robbing banks and mugging people.  I mean, apparently, you can be excused any crime if you're in with the Big V.

1) There is a minimum energy/mass things can have, everything can be measured in a multiple of this minimum.

2) Objects at this size, or close to it, don't have an exact position or velocity, so they look like waves in most experiments.

3) If you try to measure the location, they act more like particles, just to fuck with you, but the velocity gets more uncertain, also just to fuck with you.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

The priesthood *was* the government, there. They were also the educational system, more or less. The priesthood was also the only group allowed to buy and sell. It was like some kind of communist theocracy. So, over time, the akkadians (a semitic group coming from bordering lands) slowly moved into the sumerian cities, educated themselves in the sumerian school systems, got into the highest positions in the sumerian priesthood/government, and eventually (when the akkadians quite obviously outnumbered the racially distinct sumerians) declared themselves to be in charge and annexed the much larger and more profitable sumerian lands to the akkadian lands. It's a bit like if there were a conspiracy of mexican peasants to move into the united states, attend public schools, and then populate 80% of congress, then vote as a block to annex the united states to mexico.

LMNO

Still waiting on the bible quotes and/or citations...

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on January 11, 2010, 07:17:54 PM
Still waiting on the bible quotes and/or citations...

Protip:  Do not hold your breath.

Lord Quantum

Yeah there's way more verses on hookers than that in the Bible. For example, one of the main characters in Hosea (his wife, Gomer) is a prostitute. Or at least an adulteress. Same thing really (at least in the Bible anyway). There's even a prostitute in the lineage of Jesus.