News:

Christians *have* to sin.
If they don't, it's like Christ died for nothing.

Main Menu

Morgellon's: Disease of the Insane

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, January 06, 2010, 08:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

UFOs, the Bible, nanobots and parasites, oh my! My god. These people just go on adding crazy symptoms all the time.  :lulz:

http://curezone.com/forums/am.asp?i=1539936
http://www.dldewey.com/morgel.htm
http://www.marslife.com/frass2.htm
http://bibleprobe.com/morgellons.htm

The Mayo Clinic has such a sensitive, gentle way of addressing it: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/morgellons-disease/SN00043
This website is much more blunt: http://morgellonswatch.com/
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I am somewhat surprised that nobody has yet suggested that it's caused by vaccines. That would make it an index of lunatic fringe paranoia.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

LMNO

Does anyone have documented evidence of this stuff?

I'm curious that no medical studies have been conducted, especially since if there was an expensive treatment available, it would generate a lot of money.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO on January 06, 2010, 08:24:57 PM

I'm curious that no medical studies have been conducted, especially since if there was an expensive treatment available, it would generate a lot of money.

It is being studied, and articles on it have been published in peer-reviewed journals. However, mysteriously, Morgellon's sufferers seem to have a hard time being convinced to go to a doctor to have fibers captured in a medical setting. For another, all the physical evidence so far indicates that the fibers are clothing fibers, and the "worms" are skin flakes and sometimes fingernail clippings, which patients will typically bring in in a baggie.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on January 06, 2010, 08:18:51 PM
I am somewhat surprised that nobody has yet suggested that it's caused by vaccines. That would make it an index of lunatic fringe paranoia.

Oh, they have. Every type of crazy there is has latched onto Morgellon's. http://morgellons1.wordpress.com/2009/10/30/baculovirus-in-our-vaccines/

LMNO

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on January 06, 2010, 08:46:47 PM

It is being studied, and articles on it have been published in peer-reviewed journals. However, mysteriously, Morgellon's sufferers seem to have a hard time being convinced to go to a doctor to have fibers captured in a medical setting. For another, all the physical evidence so far indicates that the fibers are clothing fibers, and the "worms" are skin flakes and sometimes fingernail clippings, which patients will typically bring in in a baggie.

See, right there, that makes me suspicious.  Speaking as not a father, if my kid had some weird shit working its way out of the kid's skin, they'd be in a hopsital stat.

Or, they'd be knitting me a new pair of socks.  It really depends on the tensile strength of the threads.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO on January 06, 2010, 08:51:16 PM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on January 06, 2010, 08:46:47 PM

See, right there, that makes me suspicious.  Speaking as not a father, if my kid had some weird shit working its way out of the kid's skin, they'd be in a hopsital stat.

Or, they'd be knitting me a new pair of socks.  It really depends on the tensile strength of the threads.

The symptoms are usually very consistent with delusions of parasitosis. Delusional patients are notoriously hard to work with because on some level they are afraid of having their delusion challenged, which is also why they tend to reject more practical suggestions of alternate diagnoses. In addition, almost all people who self-diagnose Morgellon's get all of their information from the Internet, and many of the "informational" websites also sell or advertise treatments. It's becoming an industry.

It doesn't take very much forum-browsing to see very clearly that many or most of the people posting are, um, batfuck crazy. Which is even more sad than it is hilarious, because it essentially means that here is an industry building around feeding into and taking advantage of the delusions of mentally-ill people.

LMNO

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on January 06, 2010, 10:14:49 PM
It doesn't take very much forum-browsing to see very clearly that many or most of the people posting are, um, batfuck crazy. Which is even more sad than it is hilarious, because it essentially means that here is an industry building around feeding into and taking advantage of the delusions of mentally-ill people.

For a second there, I thought you were talking about the Fox News channel.

ZANG!
:rimshot:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO on January 07, 2010, 12:52:41 PM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on January 06, 2010, 10:14:49 PM

For a second there, I thought you were talking about the Fox News channel.

ZANG!
:rimshot:

:lulz: Same thing.